2. 𝓐𝓻𝖏𝖚𝖓.

Arjun ~

" Ranaji the land just behind the Palace seems to be perfect for this project. Here is the proposal..." Sadh was after the land for a while now.

" Mr. Sadh my family's privacy is of utmost importance to me and converting my homeland into a fucking hotel does not serve my purpose in the least. You want a land, the one next to Mandore  Gardens is up for sale but the one you want is out of question. Is there anything else I can help you with?" I asked him, shutting his presentation of. I had no time to deal with bad business right now.

" I'll take up the proposal with my investors and get in touch with your office Ranaji. Thank you for your time." He folded and stood up, deciding to leave.

" Ranaji there is one last thing for today. You're supposed to make an appearance at Rani Maa sa's Annual Charity Gala this evening. The donation cheque has already been taken care of on your behalf. It is all about showing up." My P.A. handed over the receipt of the donation cheque to me.

I gave her a nod and walked out of the office, followed by Vineet Dhar, the chief of security operations and my most competent advisor.

" Ranaji getting into business with them isn't what is used to be. They are draining money faster than anything and even though this was a courtesy meeting, my request to you in turn them down." He spoke as we were making way towards the car to attend mother's charity gala.

" Turn down all the meetings they request for in the future and let them know to approach me only when their company is deserving of my time and money." I let him know.

" Absolutely Ranaji. Your car is waiting for you to take you to the gala tonight. I'll ask for your leave." He asked to be dismissed.

" No Mr. Dhar, you are to attend the event tonight. My father has asked for your presence along with your family." His family was close to them and the last I remember, his sons have a textile business across the State.

" As commanded Ranaji. My wife is looking after Princess Jahanavi. I will go and fetch her before making it there." He replied in all politeness.

" Nupur has already left with Swati, Preeti, Jahanavi and Kritik for the venue Vineet. Come with me." My father had already made his way to us.

" Ji Hukum." Was what dad was greeted with.

" Let's go then. Come on, son." He greeted me as we made our way to the cars.

We were on our way to Umaid Bhawan when my eyes followed a movement on the side path and just as soon as I got a glimpse of her, she turned her back to the car and just as unknowingly, I tried to get a glimpse of her when the car came to a pause on the traffic signal.

That is when she turned herself for me to see while she struggled to put the damn earring and let out a laugh and just like that, I felt my heart skipping a beat in the thirty one years of my existence.

What the fuck was wrong with me? She must barely been out of her teenager phase and here I was, ogling at this girl and yet, my eyes refused to obey my brain as I continued to look at her.

She was the most beautiful thing I have had laid my eyes on. Something about her careless expressions, dancing eyes and amused smile was pulling me towards her like fire attracted moth. Just like a bud, a little flower.

But before anything could further make sense, she stumbled ahead and just as soon, the driver started the car to drive.

" Stop." I commanded him as he applied the break, bringing the screeching tired to a stop.

" Apologies Ranaji. I'll make sure that she's okay." He jumped out of the car and so did Mr. Dhar who was seated with dad in his car as she rushed towards her while I stepped to make sure that she was okay.