44. 𝕭𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖍𝖉𝖆𝖞 𝕾𝖚𝖗𝖕𝖗𝖎𝖘𝖊𝖘.

4500 VOTES FOR THE NEXT UPDATE.

18 +

44. BIRTHDAY SURPRISES.

Siya ~

The Haldi ceremony was a blast but both our families were celebrating this particular function separately according to the rituals.

Rohit bhai, Cockroach, Tanaya bhabhi and Hansika bhabhi along with Kritik and Mahir were dancing around while I was sitting there with haldi paste rubbed all over me, laughing at Cockroach because he was now on the floor with Rohit bhai doing the Malhaari hook step.

That's when my phone rang. It was Samarth bhai's video call and I immediately accepted it, only to find Varun smiling at me which was so infectious that I mirrored it.

"Siya! You look so yellow." He said, giggling and Jahanavi joined him, laughing alongside.

"What are you kids doing there? Come here and I'll just turn you all yellow like me." I teased and they laughed more.

"No trying to steal the kids away Siya. Anyway you have two right there." Preeti bhabhi chirped in, giving me a fake-stern look and I laughed.

"Okay okay....fair enough but you need to turn the screen towards Arjun first. I need to see him all covered in Haldi!" I demanded and then found Samarth bhai taking the phone from Janu's hands.

"Of course. Here you go." He laughed and turned the camera towards where Arjun was sitting all yellow and next to him was Mom, applying some more paste on his face while he squirmed.

"I hope you are recording all of it, can't miss the teasing now, can I?" I asked bhai who confirmed positively that he was.

"By the way bhai, he doesn't know what we have planned right? Not a hint?" I whispered, asking and he said a yes before hanging up.

I just realised that my husband had taken me for granted. He had planned this wedding the exact day when we got married last year, on his birthday which is tomorrow and yes, I just proved his point that I was terrible with remembering dates but last night after the mehendi ceremony, my brain somehow managed to hint to me that there was something amiss, only to realise two hours later what it was and that's when I called Samarth bhai for some help.

The whole of the day passed by with some more rituals and after dinner, we all retired for the night. I was sharing room with Kritik and Varun and they were both sound asleep when there was a knock on the door at around ten-thirty.

I opened the door to find Samarth bhai and Preeti bhabhi with Janu sleeping in bhai's arms.

"Go Siya, everything you had asked for is arranged in the lawn. No one will disturb you." Bhabhi said with a smile and I quickly let them in.

"Thank you so much, both of you!" I said and then made my way out of the door to the lawn.

I actually wanted to do all the decoration on my own and how difficult could it be, considering Arjun was like such a minimalist, at least in stuff like this.

In all honesty, the moon was my secret helper, giving a soft glow as I hung fairy lights on the trees before decorating the table with the candle stands and rose petals mixed with jasmine flowers for the fragrance.

Then, I requested one of the hotel staff members to bring out the cake and Arjun's favourite pasta  I'd made sure they whipped up and of course, a bottle of Red Wine, all set up just right.

"Okay Ranaji, I honestly never thought that this would happen, me planning our first date, your birthday and our anniversary!" I spoke, smiling to myself and admired my work around.