18. 𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖋𝖑𝖎𝖈𝖙.

Conflict.

Siya ~

" Ranaji this is not funny. How could you fire an entire department? Those people have lost their jobs because of me." I broke out of my shock and walked to him before he could walk into the closet.

" They had enough loopholes that two amateurs could hack into my Computer, Little Flower." He replied, taking his clothes but I held his arm and turned him towards me, seriously. How could he do this!

" Then you train them, invest in them. Not fire them!" I told him, exasperated and extremely guilty.

" I had assumed that they had the required training while hiring them for salaries higher than fair." He looked into my eye and told me as my hold on his arm started to lose.

" Rehire them." I asked.

" I am not rehiring incompetent people." He was rigid.

" Please Ranaji. Please, please, please rehire them. Get them the required software update and training but please rehire them. Their families depend on them and laying them off like this will impact them so much. I beg you." I couldn't stop myself from tearing up and quickly averted my eyes away from his watchful gaze.

For a while, he didn't say anything but then I felt his index finger on my chin as he raised my head to meet his eyes before wiping my tears away.

" Never beg to me ever again, Siya. It is not befitting upon my Queen. I will hire them back but I don't want you to cry. I will be dammed if you do." He said is the most soft voice that I had ever heard him talk in.

" Thank you Ra..." He cut me off in the middle.

" Arjun." He finished the sentence for me, watching my face as if he was trying to read it.

" I cannot call you by your name, you are my King." I was the first one again to look away.

" I am your King but I am your husband first and you are my wife before you are my Queen." Was all he clarified.

" I can't." I protested.

" Is that your final word?" He asked, making me look at him again. The distance we were standing at initially was vanishing into thin air somehow and I don't think I could take it anymore.

" Hmm." I did not trust my voice as I hummed.

" Then I command you to call me by my name as your King." He had a playful smile on his lips and his eyes were shining in amusement.

" Have I ever obeyed your command?" I asked, keeping both my palms on his chest to stop us from coming closer to each other and raised a brow. That shut him up.

" What makes you think I will listen to you starting now then, Ranaji?" I couldn't help myself from smiling as I dodged myself from calling out his name and took the opportunity to run away from the room. I had to go and play Badminton with Jahanavi!

But I was so glad that he agreed to rehire them and as much as I loathed admitting this, he probably wasn't that absolute villain that I was making him to be. He most certainly wasn't sore on the eyes but lately, he was being a lot less sore to the heart too.

" But that does not mean I will not rip his suits or give him a hard time. He married me against my will." I spoke to myself as a reminder to the fact and perhaps, the first time I was needing one in these two weeks that we had been married.

Time was passing faster than sand perhaps maybe because I had expected the worst but the reality of things weren't as bad. Everyone here was loving and accepting and overly accommodating to my wishes and comfort. Preeti bhabhi and Maa were more like friends to me, Samarth bhai was my brother, Janu was my partner-in-crime and Dad and I went on more ice-cream dates than we told people at home and this is how the first month of this dreamy nightmare had gone by. My college occupied me in the morning and family in the evening.