Jem: Favourites, 21 Questions and Shitty Tiramisu [edited]

shoutout to maxwell for being so kind

shoutout to maxwell for being so kind. :) 

EDITED: 6/3/17

Chapter 14

Jem

Favourites, 21 Questions and Shitty Tiramisu

"We should have a party tonight," I announced grandly as I threw myself onto the couch, narrowly missing Heath's head by an inch. Heath groaned and gave me an exasperated look and Caleb didn't look too excited at the prospect either.

"It'll be fun," I promised as Heath lazily lit one of my cigarettes spilt out on the glass coffee table. "Why are you smoking my cigarettes?"

"A better question would've been: why are you smoking my cigarettes indoors?" asked Caleb irritably, reaching for the cold beer on his nightstand. Caleb's room was swelling with heat, even though it was only April. It was at the tail end of the school week, right at the rear of a coming April, and we- Heath, Caleb and I- were hanging out, complaining about the sweltering humidity and occasionally elbowing each other off Caleb's bed.

"I've opened a window," Heath gestured demonstratively at the slightly gets window to his side, as though it justified everything. I stripped myself off my sweaty shirt and joined my friends by the beer cooler.

"You're still smoking my cigs, man."

"And you, Jemmie, have a one track mind," the cigarette hung from the corner of Heath's lips, "But the party, Jemmie? I don't know. From the perpetual drinking binge last night and-"

"But it'll be fun!"

Heath passed me the cigarette, and I began sucking on the tip, inhaling the smoke, pausing sporadically to blow puffs of smoke rings into the air.

"Pretentious bastard," Heath jeered jokingly and I smirked.

"Jealous?" I wiggled my lips into a modelling pout.

"Please," Heath responded.

"You're just a homo in love with me, admit it."

"You wish, Leighton."

Despite the intense heat, we've all piled ourselves together onto the bed, challenging the extra warmth by lying around in only our underwear. Heath was half-asleep, his head resting on Caleb's naked collarbone, oblivious to the cigarette burning dangerously close to his bare chest as I passed it to him. Flecks of ashes fell onto Caleb's white, spotless sheets.

What I loved about my two friends was during our nights over, we can sleep naked on the same bed without any awkward questions or anybody being weirded out. We were just that close.

"We do have fun," Caleb protested weakly, dusting the ashes onto the floor.

"Oh yeah, whining about how you never get laid and watching Keeping with the Kardashians is fun. Drowning our blood in vodka and puking behind your mother's couch is fun."