💮❄️Herb X Sparkling❄️💮

Giving is getting

Summary
In which Herb has a present he wants to give to sparkling...

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Despite it being the holidays, the bar's dim light and sweet jazz music show signs that it's still bustling with liveliness.

Patrons of the bar begin singing carols, clashing beers, and prancing around the place.

Behind the bar table, sparkling shakes up holiday themed drinks and serves the bar customers.

Meanwhile, his loving boyfriend sits across from him, swaying his feet and cuffing his face with his hands as he talks about his day.

Soon the green-haired man took to the upstairs area of the bar, closed-off to customers as it's the living area of the bar.

.

.

.

Soon in the dead of night, all is silent as patrons slowly exit the bar. One by one, they all leave into the chilling cold outdoors.

"*Hic*- ohhh, shanks again•°~ *HIC* havvve a merrrayy Chrysler~," said a drunken regular of the bar.

"good night Vamp, tell alchemist I said to have a merry Christmas, and get home safe pal." said the blond cookie.

With that, sparkling shuts the door ending the night. Tired and stressed he runs a hand through his hair. Neatly swept bangs now falling to their sides, and the iconic liquid-like bouncy hair, now losing all its volume.

Every night towards the holidays or on the holidays is bound to be stressful. You'd think for Christmas night, many wouldn't show up to a bar.

And you'd also think that nobody in their right mind would work on a holiday! But nope- not sparkling cookie.

A man committed to his craft, and his customers. With his patrons like a second family, he does well to specialize every moment with them.

After cleaning up after the guest of the bar, wiping tables, and cleaning glass. He began to wonder what his plant-based boyfriend was up to.

Walking up the stairs, to the second level of their shared home. He stood still in astonishment at what he found.

Herb, somehow...grew a tree upstairs and adorned the tree with many beautiful arrays of lights. Near the tree, a present lay upon a stool. Pass that his beloved boyfriend seemed to be lost in thought, hanging up more ornaments.

"*EEP*-" shouted the short-sprouted man as his lover gently hugged him from behind scaring him.

"O-Oh, sparky...you closed the bar already?"

"yea, it took a while though, had to kick him out as usual" sparkling chuckled.

"mhm...yea, really wished you closed earlier, to be honest~..." Herb giggled as he gave his boyfriend a light kiss.

"so...what's all this about?" sparkling questioned. I thought you said you weren't all that into Christmas.

"I never said all that... Just said I didn't like the practice of cutting trees and didn't think it's necessary to do so" Herb puffed.

"so instead of cutting a tree...you grew a tree...in our house..."

"Of course! It took me a while to grow from sprout to tree, but it looks gorgeous doesn't it!"