Scarecrow Pt 1

I sat up fully, as I heard my dad speak. Sam sat up as well.

  "Cheyenne, why are you answering Dean's phone?" My father spoke harshly. "Put one of the boys on, now!" I scrambled to get the phone to Sam, almost dropping it. 

 "Are you hurt?" Sam asked dad. I sunk back in the bed. One word in and dad was already upset at me. Tears sprung to my eyes. "We've been looking for you everywhere." Sam stated. "We didn't know where you were, if you were okay." 

  He looked around at Dean and I. "We're fine, so is Cheyenne." He spoke. I sighed, knowing that dad only asked about Sam and Dean. "Dad, where are you?"

 Dean sat up in the bed beside me. He heard Sam say dad and looked at me. "Is that dad?" he asked. I nodded, afraid to speak and dad would hear. 

 "You're after it, aren't you?" Sam asked. "The thing that killed mom." More silence. "A demon?" Sam questioned. "You know for sure?"

 Dean was now fully awake. "A demon," Dean asked. "What's he saying?" There was silence from Sam, as he listened. Dean found his shirt and threw it on. 

  "You know where it is?" Sam asked. It was hard to keep up, only hearing half on the conversation. "Let us help." Silence. "Why not?"

  Dean reached out to Sam. "Give me the phone," He stated. Sam ignored him.

 "Names?" Sam questioned. "What names, dad?" He looked over at us. "Talk to me, tell me what's going on." Dad spoke again. "No, all right," Sam argued with him. "No way."

  "Give me the phone," Dean told him again. When Sam didn't listen, Dean took the phone out of his hand.

 "Dad it's me," He said into the phone. "Where are you?" He's face changed and he got more serious. "Yes, sir." He turned to the table. "Yeah I've got a pen."

 "What are the names?" He asked dad. After a minute, Dean said his goodbye and hung up. "Alright, let's get a move on." He hoped out of bed and began to load his stuff up. 

  Sam was clearly upset, but choose to keep it to himself. He packed his things and said he would be out in the car. I hadn't moved, Dean looked over at me.

  "Cheyenne, come on, we have to go," he said. He looked back at me and this time, took a good look at my face. He saw the worry and fear. "Cheyenne, sweetheart, what's wrong?" He came and sat on the bed beside me.

 "All I did was answer the phone," I explained. "And he was already upset with me." I looked him in the eyes. A tear ran down my cheek. "If we find him, he's gonna-" Dean stopped me.

 "Look at me Cheyenne, right now, we're not finding dad," he grabbed my hand. "And nothing is going to happen when we find him, I told you that."

  "I know, but, the closer we get, the more scared I am," I admitted. He looked at me and frowned.

  "Cheyenne, do you trust me?" He asked. I looked at him.

 "Of course, more than anything," I stated. 

"Than trust me when I say, that nothing will happen, okay?" I nodded. He used his hand to wipe my tears. "No, go get dressed, I'll pack your bag," 

 "Okay," I got up and went into the bathroom to change. Dean was right, everything would be fine.

  A few minutes later, we were packed and headed out on the road.