Chapter 4~ Sneak

10:30am Wednesday POV:

I packed some clothes, food, tissues, water, money, sleeping darts, paper, and pens in my bag. I'm going to sneak out of the house with Thing and save Enid. Here's the plan:

 Here's the plan:

I'm not really going to do the last step... but I'll do something very similar. Alright. Time to activate the phone again.

-Enid. I'm taking off,"

-Alr Wednesday, good luck! 😊

I can't even comment on the emoji now.

"Come on, Thing!" I say. He scuttles after me as I stride out of my room. The sneak has begun. Lurch is always lurking around, so he's the main problem. I've got sleeping darts, but that might not work. But maybe it's worth a try.

Tap. TAP. Clunk. RATTLE. "it's Lurch!" I whisper to Thing. "Hide!" He jumps silently behind my bag. Lurch doesn't have a really good eyesight and it's quite dark, so we might get away with it. 

Thud. Thud. THUD. He's right beside me. He put his nose in the air and gave a little sniff. Oh no. I forgot. Lurch heaved his head around and stared at me, growling. He had seen me.                               So I did what my instinct told me to do. I stabbed a large sleeping dart in his leg, grabbed thing and my backpack and fled. Lurched roared a deafening roar.

Down the steps I went. I glided to a window, climbed outside and slammed it shut. I was finally outside.