6 | friends... right.

"sorry again about yesterday," i told dj. "i don't know what happened to me at work. i just got so sick."

"it's all good," he told me with a grin.

since i missed my date with dj last night from being with billie, i suggested to him that we can just do something today. so we agreed to just chill at his dorm/ apartment and watch a movie.

"the pizza should be here soon," he said as he came and sat by me on his couch.

"k cool," i smiled, trying not to be so anxious.

"you can relax," he chuckled. "i don't bite."

"mmm but i do," i grinned, being completely fr.

"well i'm glad you're feeling better though," he nodded.

"thanks," i smiled and looked around all awkwardly.

then my phone pinged.

it was billie.

"bro i love gucci but
sometimes this shit be ugly"

i started giggling as i read the message.

"what's that?" dj looked at me, laughing along even though he didn't know what was funny.

"oh um just something a friend sent to me," i smiled as i put my phone away. "my bad."

the pizza soon arrived and we were watching the movie while eating.

dj put his arm around me while we were on the couch and i kinda leaned in on his shoulder. but my phone kept pinging. but i was trying to ignore it.

he cleared his throat. "you need to get that?"

"um," i pulled my phone out and put it on dnd. "sorry. it's a group chat going off," i lied.

after the movie ended, dj and i continued to just talk about myself and hisself.

"you know you can spend the night if you want?" he smirked.

"i'm good," i chuckled. "i have an 8am class tomorrow. i don't think i'd make it there if i stayed here."

"okay okay," he nodded. "maybe next time."

next time???

"yeah," i chuckled. "i guess."

"so when is the next time?" he asked.

"i don't know," i shrugged. "you know it's mid term week."

"so you wanna wait til after? what if we catch lunch together sometime during the week?" he asked.

"i'm cool with that," i grinned.

"we can go to the cafe you work at-"

"oh god no," i laughed. "no no no. i refuse to be there on my off days."

he then walked me to my apartment/ dorm building which is like a 5 minute walk from his.

"good night," he hugged me.

"night," i hugged him back with a grin.

he then leaned in and kissed my cheek. i was in shock, like i really wasn't expecting that. i just smiled and looked down, it probably came off as blushing though but that's now what it was.

he chuckled. "see you later."

i walked up to my room and went inside. i finally pulled my phone out my purse to see lots of notifications from billie.

this shit is crazy.

she was sending me different outfits from gucci and asking what she should wear to the grammy's which is in a couple months.