Chapter 18: Security

You open your eyes. Your body lies under a thick, green cover in a huge room with white walls. No one else is in the room. "Morgan?" You shout and hope your ex-lover would appear out of nowhere. You get up and place your feet off of the bed. You realize as you look down that the bed is levitating above the bedroom ground at a dangerous height. You jump off and hope you do not hurt yourself. Your right ankle releases a bone cracking sound. Automatically, veins and tissue rearrange in your ankle. Root and stem structures jut out of the affected site. They move the ankle and bind places before slithering back under your skin.

You slowly stand and hobble to the doorway. The ankle is a bit sore. You go through a door frame that is missing the door and into a dim living room area. It is big with a huge glass, double patio door.No one is in here either. Wind gently moves the thin curtains over the patio door inward. You see a shadow through the beige curtain. You walk to the curtains and separate them to find no one there. The air from outside makes the living room warm. You turn back to search around the place and a hand grabs your shoulder. You jerk your shoulder and turn around. No one is there. You scurry to another room without a door. You run into a double door closet and hold the doors shut with your hands. A shadow blocks the dim sunlight from bathing you through the closet door's slits. Slow heavy breaths tickle the back of your ears and the closet doors begins to shake. Something forces the doors to separate and clatter against themselves.

The heavy breaths on the back of your ears stop. An unseen force drags you out of the room through the patio doors and drops your legs on the cool grass outside. You look back at the curtains. They still blow inward gently and are closed again. The breeze is warm on your face as you look at your surroundings suspiciously. You find the courage to wander through a nearby field with grass that reaches your waist. The grass blades dance in the wind. You leave the field to reach another home. The screen door creaks and slams against the wooden wall of the house. The front door is nonexistent. Deep scratches are etched into the wooden floor. You follow the claw scratches to a dark room. You stretch your arms as well as your hands and search through the darkness. You find a light switch in the room. It does not work. The floorboards creak and you try to remain as still as possible.

A translucent white figure appears next to the door frame. The figure is so bright that you cannot tell how it looks or what it is. It slightly illuminates the room and you see emaciated bodies strung up on the wall around you by twine and nails. Their mouths are in an "O" shape with wrinkles and suction marks on the outside of them. The bodies are nude and pale. You hear it stomp up the stairs.

You run out of the house and back through the field. The grass ruffles as it follows you through the field. As you exit the grass field an unseen force tackles you and pins you to the ground. You scream and something whips your face twice. Your branches crawl out of your ribcage and pierce your invisible foe. Their invisible form turns pale purple. The old guy whispers to you: "Morgan wanted me to protect you. The monsters are coming. They will find you inside. You must..." The body slouches on your branches. You throw his body to the other side of the field and run. You run into the woods surrounding the vacant village. Different wild animals give you warning sounds as you jog further into the woods. You hear screaming and heavy footsteps approach you. You jump behind the bushes near you. You see a girl with a red, lace dress and red undergarments get slammed against a tree. The creature that threw her against the tree has horns and rusty brown fur all over its body. It stood on its hind legs that had hooves. Its three fingered claws ripped an opening in the lower part of the lace fabric. She pleads with it as it ignores her cries and continues its attack. You close your eyes tight and wait until the cries and the grunts stop. You crack your eyes open and you see them laying on the ground sleep. Dirt and leaves barely cover their naked forms. You take this chance to sneak away.

Dark fairies giggle with their opaque black wings and translucent figures in the trees above you. You creep past them and into an area where couples of wolves are scattered all over the grassy floor. You walk past them and a black dachshund jumps into your open arms. You catch it and a loud bark calls your attention. It is the overseer of evil in big dog form running towards you. The wolves around you start to move and get up. You run back until you reach the house with huge patio doors. The curtains are separated and Morgan stares at you with vicious and wild black eyes. The black dachshund barks at Morgan. A golden double door appears beside you. The doors swing open. A space behind the doors, suck you and the dog in like a vacuum.

You land on a golden, carpet textured runner. You walk down the golden hall that has single doors on its opposing long sides. One door shakes as you walk down the hall. You stop and walk towards it. The dog growls at the door and you turn back around. You continue walking on the runner until you meet another set of golden doors. They swing open and the dog jumps out of your arms onto the tan floor tiles. The dog's nails click like heels along the shiny floors. You follow it to a room where memories dance in the air over a double sized bed. The room is dimly lit by the memories. A candle is lit in the closet and Ishin comes out with the candle in her hands. "Let's go." She says.