Chapter 27: Not Over

You wake up in a golden sheet on a single bed with a golden headboard and foot-board. Two voices mumble back and forth over your body. You squint your eyes to see who they are and their words become clearer to your ears. "Overseer of evil, I have to inform you about the trespassing of the Grim Reaper on your property. I believe Ether sent him to spy on you, sir." Morgan says to the overseer of evil. "Is that what he told you?" The overseer asks.

"No, he would not divulge his reason for being at your manor.I knocked him out temporarily but that does not stop the impending threat, sir."

"If he did not say anything, don't make it out to be something it may not be. The young boy is probably bored and wandered into the manor. Ishin does tend to leave the doors open."

"He attacked us, sir."

"What do you expect from the youth these days? They don't respect others and are always ready to brawl."

"Would you like me to tell Ether about his misconduct, sir?"

"Why should we go that far in punishing him? It is sad that all of this happened to you and your lover, but I assure you that this is not a problem. In fact, I will have a word with him on matter."

"Thank you, sir."

The overseer leaves and Morgan looks at you. You open your eyes fully and pull Morgan's arm down until Morgan sits on the bed next to you. "Something is not right. I feel it in my gut." You say. "If my overseer says that he will deal with it, then it will no longer be a problem." Morgan says.

"Where is the baby?"

"Ishin has the baby. She said something about being able to watch the baby but the children can't."

"Oh, I think we should leave. Ishin brought the topic up earlier but I thought we could stay at your overseer's manor without having to deal with danger. It is not safe for us there."

"What did Ishin tell you that is making you think this way?"

"She gave me an ultimatum. The two options were: respect her wishes or leave."

"We had an argument about the twins watching the baby. The important part is that it made me think about our little family. I thought that we would be too weak to leave and deal with the atrocities lurking around every corner in this world, but we are not safe there either. We are not safe anywhere! We should at least be in a comfortable place before we must face are inevitable demise."

"You don't have to worry about death in the existence. The only thing that signifies your end is destruction, here. Look at me, I am not leaving my overseer. I can't do that. I am like a lieutenant under his command. Working for him is my duty."

"Your duty is more important than your family! If that is the case, I will take the baby with me away from you and this madness."

"Where would you go? How will you protect the baby and yourself? You could not even defeat the Grim Reaper and he is a teenager."

"I am not staying with any of them anymore. You cannot change my mind."

"Don't do this. I don't want to hurt you."

"It would not be the first time."

You throw the covers off of you and run out of the room. Morgan follows you down a golden hall with a golden runner. You run to the patio with open glass double doors and golden frames. You run off of the edge of the balcony and Morgan continues to follow you. Your tree stems quickly protrude from your sternum and break until you land on the dirt safely. You run past colorful feathers on bird headed women and weave through a crowd of creatures with horns on their heads looking at these women dance. You run to the edge of the greenhouse. Two shadows stand by the entrance guarding it from the wolves trying to get in. You can't find a way around the shadows. You run through the wild green plants to the rusted frames holding panels of glass in the greenhouse. Your stems will not grow back to their massive sizes no matter how much you flex your upper body muscles. You slam your arm against the glass and it cracks. Morgan pulls you away from the glass panel and kicks you to the ground. Morgan squats over your laying body on the ground. You slap Morgan twice with all the strength you have left. Morgan pins your arms down with strong hands. Morgan's face hovers over yours and you head-butt it. Morgan releases you and you squirm from underneath Morgan's body. You crawl to your feet and run through some short trees and bushes. You hear voices coming from ahead of you and stop running. You drop to your knees and crawl along the ground. You see teens with silver, white hair standing on the other side of the bushes facing you. Their eyes are red and they all are looking at a guy with back length white hair and a long black trench coat.