Chapter 19: After the Chase

Ishin leads you to an open end of the hall. It is a huge greenhouse with two golden thrones sitting beside each other at the center of it. Opposing dirt paths on either side of the stage leads to stairs. The stairs are connected to the clear, thick plastic stage that holds the thrones. You walk off of the runner and onto the dirt clear stage. Ishin is ahead of you on the path to the clear stage. She sits on the golden throne at the right and her feet dangle just off of the edge of the seat. Her translucent form reflects a rainbow of colors as the sunlight hits her figure. A green minion stands near her seat. It has a small mobile mop bucket with things sitting in a brown storage bag connected at the back of the bucket. Ishin massages the minion's head with her right hand and it sighs. She stops and says:" Aren't you going to sit down?" She motions for you to sit on the empty throne on her right side. You sit on the throne and look at your legs dangle just above the ground. "Why are you running from the overseer of evil?" You ask Ishin. "I have my reasons." She says.

"Can you reveal those reasons because you two are dragging Morgan and me into this?"

"It is not my fault that your friend reports to my husband."

"Okay, I know you don't care about anyone but yourself but I am tired of running!"

"You don't have to join the chase or run. I run away from the overseer of evil often but this time..."

"What is different about this time?"

"I prolonged the chase."

"Why? Why are you doing this?"

"I have to do this."

"Maybe you can give me some clues? I will ask you and you can say 'yes' if it is part of the reason for you running this long."

"That is fine."

"Does Ether have anything to do with it?"

"Yes, the overseer of evil thinks that I was unfaithful. He is angry."

"Correct me if I am wrong, but you and Ether were humping around on Earth right?"

"That realm is merely a dream here. I did do things that would be considered wrong from his perspective there but it is like kissing someone other than your boyfriend in a dream."

"You and Ether shared a pod. Didn't you do something in that thing that would be considered cheating too?"

"No, not that I am aware of. I was sleeping just like you. The only one that can release us from that sleep is the overseer of evil. He saw everything and is in control of that whole realm."

"What kind of game are you two playing with each other?"

"I am not playing any game with the overseer of evil. He misunderstands things sometimes and... Then he acts. You know what? I don't know why I am being verbally persecuted for doing anything romantic with Ether."

"He is not your husband! The-"

"Actually, I am married to him too."

"Why the heck would you marry two powerful, intimidating Gods? Isn't that illegal somewhere?"

"I didn't choose this."

"They both forced you to marry them?"

"No, I just couldn't get a divorce."

"So, you're running from the overseer of evil because you rather be with Ether?"

"No!"

"What the hell is going on here, Ishin?"

Zen and Morgan run down the opposite dirt path from the one you two were on. Morgan stops at the stairs and Zen walks up to Ishin. Morgan motions you to come down. Zen bends and touches Ishin's belly. "You're pregnant? You knew about this matter." He says to her. "Yes, I did." Ishin says.

"This baby cannot live."

"I won't run away from you anymore. Not for this reason. This is my baby and I won't let you kill it."

"This baby is not just your baby. It is partially mine as well."

Ishin jumps off the throne onto her knees before the overseer. "Don't kill this baby. Please, don't kill the baby." She says to him." It has to die. It will not be strong enough to fend for itself otherwise. All of our children have enemies and they need a great amount of strength to kill their enemies. You getting pregnant for a small portion of my being is simply not enough. My dear Ishin, our baby must be aborted, but we can have another that will be stronger because I have every piece of my being with me right now." He picks Ishin up and cups her body into his arms. He walks to the golden hall and they disappear within it. You look at Morgan and jump off the throne. You inspect the throne Ishin was sitting on. It has a drain on both arms of the chair. The green minion leaves the bucket and hops off the edge of the stage, after you look at the little creature. It disappears behind some wild greenery growing out of the ground. Morgan leads you out of the greenhouse and there is more wild plants reaching for the sunny sky. You walk through the flowers and vine covered corn stalks.

Morgan yanks your arm and your lips collide momentarily. You pull away and jog deeper into the wild corn field. Morgan calls your name in a strained voice. You look back at Morgan who is kneeling on the ground. Black tears stream down Morgan's face. Veins bend and convulse under Morgan's skin. Morgan yells in agony and you run back. You hold Morgan's face as a big black lizard begins to replace Morgan's form before your eyes. Morgan weakly reaches for your face and you both kiss again. Morgan pierces your torso with a black, thick veined organ structure. It burrows deep within your stomach. Morgan's tongue turns into a serrated, suction organ. It latches onto your tongue and scratches your mouth internally. You feel the blood from the scrapes and scratches on your tongue drain into the suctioning organ. You try to fight against Morgan but you are over powered by this muscular, monster lizard form that Morgan has morphed into.