Chapter 12: Sweet Escape

FYI: Contains Coarse Language and Sexual Contents.

"A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love." 

- Max Muller

Edited By: bomabenjy

.....................................................................

Rafael Alejandro Valiente's POV

Singapore, Singapore

"I WILL GIVE YOU THE INCREASE YOU ALL WANTED JUST THIS ONCE. BUT, IF THIS HAPPENS AGAIN be REST ASSURED, YOU ARE ALL GOING TO START SEARCHING FOR ANOTHER JOB BECAUSE I WON'T BE THINKING TWICE TO SHUT THE SHIPYARD DOWN AND MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY." My voice thundered across the whole street in front of the building, where hundreds of workers were striking for an increase.

The guards were watching closely for any attempt of hurting or killing me. I looked around the people and I saw fear in their eyes, some looks like regretting to be there. I know they didn't like the idea of losing this job. It pays them well. I knew someone had urged them to strike and I'm going to find out.

"YOUR WORK WILL BE RESUMED IN A COUPLE OF HOURS THAT WILL GIVE YOU MORE TIME TO GATHER YOURSELF AND YOUR STUFF. IF NONE OF YOU APPEARS THEN CONSIDER YOURSELF FIRED!" I admonished dismissively. I saw in my peripheral vision that most of them were scrambling away and looking frightened with my warning. I smirked!

Nobody had ever dared threaten me.

I walked back to the office with Tom and the rest, following me looking surprised how easily I handled the angry workers. The strike had been up since for 4 days. I'm happy it was over. I have more days to give Bella a tour. 

When I walked into the spacious office room, I saw Bella looking worried. She ran to me when I came into view.

"How did it go?" she asked worriedly. I smiled. 

"It's done. I gave them what they want." I replied nonchalantly. "Are you ready?" I asked excitedly. 

I'm excited to take her around Singapore and tomorrow I will take her to Korea and Japan the next day. Depending on how the day goes. 

"Yeah!" her smile widened as she nodded her head in agreement. 

"Call me if none of them shows up, and then start hiring new batches. If we need to hire foreign workers, then do it." I ordered Tom with my steely voice, which was looking at me apprehensively. 

"Yes, Mr. Valiente." he approved, his tone faltered and he tried not to look intimidated but he failed miserably. 

I was holding Bell's waist leading her to the car. My securities were following us discreetly. 

I took her to the Resorts World Sentosa Island, Asia's ultimate destination. Sentosa Island was originally a British Military fortress until 1972 when it is redeveloped into an adult's playground. The old remains of the fortress remain at Fort Siloso point, which is now a museum and it's Asia's largest collections of big guns. The island has 5 square kilometers and it really has a quite few attractions. You can think of it as Las Vegas, combined with a theme park in a rainforest at the beach. 

"How would you like to get to the Island? We can take the cable car, express monorail, mono tram or the bus?" I suggest. 

"Cable car sound appealing, we could see the scenic view of the place." she picked happily with her button-like eyes. I chuckled. Oh how I love her!!

So we took the Cable car from Mt. Faber to Sentosa Island. The cable car stopped at Imbiah lookout. I was happy to see her excited. 

"Let's try the Luge and sky ride!" she exclaimed making me look at the direction she was staring. We took the sky lift all the way back up to the top of the hill. It's nice and scenic. She was busy and excited and taking photos non-stop.