21.

Jade.

December, 24th

It was late in the day as us ladies were wrapping up gifts, and decorating the Christmas tree some more, and the moms were baking cookies. The guys were watching a game, placing bets on teams and I couldn't happen but to look and smile at my father and Chris's exchange as they laughed and joked around.

I'm glad they are starting to have a close relationship.

Thinking back to me and dads conversation a few days ago, I smiled at the thought of a soon change to come.

Hopefully, I thought.

"Jade" Asia calls, causing me to shake away from my thoughts, "Girl, look at how cute I did this bow? And don't hate Gia" I laugh as I nod in agreement, "I'm not hating!" Gia fires back.

"It's cute girl" I say as I begin to inhale and exhale the sweet smell of cookies nearby, "Those cookies smell so good"

"I know right, I could eat one right now" Gia says, "I swear them ladies know how to thrown down, even when it comes to simple desserts"

"Why y'all think my ass is fat now?" Lytrell says as we laughed, "But Jade, the further you get into your pregnancy, the worse them cravings gonna be, I'm telling you" I shake my head, knowing what she's saying could just be right.

While Asia and Gia continue to wrap up gifts, I walk over to my mom and Joyce laughing and catching up with each other.

"Jade, you didn't tell me how funny you're mother was" Joyce says while crying of laughter.

"And she didn't tell me how sweet you were. I'm glad we've gotten to meet up with each other" My mom says as she smiles at both me and Joyce.

"I'm going to make a quick stop in the restroom, be right back" Joyce smiles as she hurriedly rushes to the bathroom.

I sighed, smiling at the decorated cookies below.

"Don't even think about it" My mom blurts.

"What? It's just us adults and two babies here. One that doesn't even speak, or eat table food" I say as I reach for a cookie, but my mother slaps my hand.

"I don't care. You wait until tomorrow. I, Joyce and Christine will be cheffing up a Christmas dish and I don't want to take a picture of a half-eaten cookie while the rest of the meal looks untouched" We both then giggle.

"I understand" I sighed, practically drooling at the warm, chewy cookies in front of me.

"I saw you and your father talking

"I saw you and your father talking. Is, everything ok?" Joyce says.

I nod, "Yes, or I would like to hope so" My mother then cocks her head to the side at me in confusion, "What do you mean dear?"

"Mom, did you know that dad had a gambling addiction?" I ask her lowly.

My mom then shifts in body language, as she continues to decorate the last of the bare, fresh cookies, "I knew he'd like to go out every 1 in the morning, but I didn't assume it to be an addiction. We always went to the casino together, on holidays, birthdays, you know, simple occasions. But I stopped once I got pregnant with you and Tony because I needed to save money. I don't know Jade, I, I guess I should've known but trust me when I say there was more bigger problems than that in our marriage, you wouldn't even understand" She explains.