Chapter Fourteen: Fire on Fire- Sam Smith

I shudder in horror as I stare at his limp body. I barely flinch when Stiles' jeep comes barreling into the building. Derek slowly gets up from my lap and tilts my head to look at him. "Don't look, Nyx. Close your eyes until I say so." He whispers to me his face morphing back to normal before I close my eyes. I hear Jackson start choking and I shrink in on myself. I feel someone place a hand on my shoulder causing me to open my eyes. Derek and Isaac were in front of me blocking my field of vision. I look in between them and Jackson slowly rises behind Lydia with blue eyes like Derek's when he wasn't an alpha. "He's a wolf now," I mumble barely loud enough for the werewolves to hear. Isaac helps me to my feet as Jackson and Lydia embrace. Derek helps me to my feet and I lean against his arm gently. "Let's get out of here, Little Red." He says in my ear. I quirk up an eyebrow at the nickname but, he is leading me away before I could open my mouth to ask about it.

We make it back to his loft and I sigh softly as I stop and stare into Erica and Boyd's empty rooms. "We will find them." I hear Derek say behind me. I turn around to face him and a small sad smile paints my lips. "I know I'm just worried about the pups," I say and he looks at me with an unreadable expression. "Do you want to stay here tonight, or go back to Stilinski's?" He asks me and I bite my lip gently. "I want to stay here if that is okay," I say softly and he nods his head. "Of course, we can work on getting you moved in since all the craziness with Jackson has now subsided." He says and I nod my head gently. "That sounds nice," I tell him softly. He leads me to my room and he nods to the stack of clothing on the dresser. "Those should fit until we get your stuff over here." He tells me and I nod my head gently, "Thank you, Derek." I say softly and he nods his head before leaving. I grab the clothes and move into the bathroom, I look in the mirror and slowly lift off my blood-soaked shirt. I bite back a whimper as I turn my body to see that the wounds from Jackson look like freshly closed wounds. "Shit, that looks gnarly," I mumble softly before stepping into the shower. After getting out and changing into the shorts and the oversized shirt I walk back into my room taking a seat on my bed.

I shoot up shaking from what I hoped to be a nightmare, my whole body shaking. "Derek.." I whimper. Suddenly my door flies over causing me to jump and bite back a shriek as Derek runs in with his claws drawn looking for an unseen assailant. His bright red eyes land on my shaking form and he shifts back before coming over to my side. "What's wrong Nyx?" He whispers and I look up at him with tears falling from my eyes. "I-I it felt so real..." I say softly and he straightens up pulling me into his chest as he slides into my bed with me. "Tell me about it." He says softly and I nod my head. "T-T-Their w-was t-this pack.... an Alpha pack... t-they are coming, it's going to be bad... T-T-They have E-Erica and B-B-Boyd." I whimper softly, "Well we will be prepared for them and we will get the pups back. Try and get some sleep." He says I tense up slightly but, he runs a hand through my hair gently. "I'm not going anywhere, I'll be here if you need me." He tells me softly and I nod my head gently resting my head against his shoulder.

I wake up the next morning and slowly side out of Derek's tight grip before changing into my outfit for the day and heading into the kitchen to make some breakfast

I wake up the next morning and slowly side out of Derek's tight grip before changing into my outfit for the day and heading into the kitchen to make some breakfast. I was disturbed from my thoughts by my phone ringing loudly. I answer it cautiously because the number was one I didn't recognize. "Hello?" I ask softly. "Good morning Nyx, it's Peter. I need you and Derek to come to the old Hale house now." He says I look towards my room and I see Derek in the doorway changing his clothes before nodding his head. "We will be there in fifteen," I tell him before hanging up my phone. I nibble on my lip worried remembering my dream from last night. Derek walks over to me and pulls me into a hug. "I'm sure it's nothing too crazy little red." He says softly causing me to give him a look I could tell by his eyes he was lying to try and keep me calm.

"You haven't told him everything yet, have you?" Peter says sighing causing Isaac to look back at him. "What do you mean?" Isaac asks confused I look from my brother to Derek. "Why do you think Derek was in such a hurry to build his pack? So eager to strengthen his power and his number? When there's a new Alpha, people take notice." Peter says as I stare at the symbol worriedly. "People like who?" Isaac asks us before walking up the stairs of the Hale house and pointing to the symbol. "What is this? What does this mean?" He asks and I look at Derek. "It's their symbol... and it means they're coming." He says not meeting my eyes. "Who?" Isaac asks and I hold his hand gently. "Alphas," Derek tells him causing Isaac to frown. "More than one?" He asks and I nod my head to my brother. "A pack of them," I say gripping my arms tight across my body. "An Alpha Pack. And they're not coming..." I start before Peter finishes for me. "They're already here."

Word Count: 1,012