18. Everything

Warning: This Chapter has themes of depression and dark thoughts.

Charlie's POV

I'm fine. I'm totally fine.

At least, that's what i like to tell myself. All at once, every bad thought I've ever had, every name I've been called, it all seemed to crash together.

You're a weirdo.

          I'm a weirdo.

You're a loser.

           I'm a loser.

You're a nerd.

             I'm a nerd.

Nobody likes you.

            Nobody likes me.

Nobody cares-

"Are you okay?" Ace appeared beside me, causing my thoughts to dwindle. He looked worried?

I'd been sitting on my own for awhile now, feeling out of place.

I took a deep breath, as if to try to calm myself, then released it with an exasperated sigh.

"Can you tell Ella and Clayton I went home?" I asked softly.

"You're leaving? You just got here."

I gave him a tired look.

"Okay, I'll tell them." He glanced concernedly before slowly walking away.

I texted my mom to come and pick me up and began to crutch away.

I'm fine. I'm okay.

Everything's great, besides the fact that my leg is broken, but hey, at least it's healing!

It's been awhile since I talked to someone, Like, really talked to someone, about all of my problems.

"Wait up!" I hear Ella running from behind.

I paused, waiting for her to catch up.

"Where you going?"

"Home," I said. "I think I might've had a bad batch of cotton candy." I lied.

"Oh, okay." She sounded upset.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay, don't worry about it." She hugged me.

I really needed this hug.

"I think Ace is headed out also, maybe he could give you a ride?"

"He rides a motorbike." I stated.

"So?"

He'd probably turn a corner too fast and I'd fall off. Or he'd probably rush into traffic and my body would go flying through the air before landing on the roof of an oncoming vehicle.

Okay, maybe I'm being too dramatic.

"I think my mom's coming to pick me up."

"Okay, see you later?"

"See you later." I halved a smiled.

"Love you!" She hugged me again.

"Love you too."

I made my way to the front entrance of the mall and sat down on a bench. My mother still hasn't read my text, which was strange. She's always on her phone, especially to keep tabs on me via social media. And yes, my mother has social media.