64. Capeesh?

Charlie's POV

I was stepping into my grunge era with black lace up combat boots.

I wore a pair of black jeans that actually fit, ripped at the knees. A large cool gray undershirt, along with a red and black checkered flannel jacket, unbuttoned.

I threw a glance at the mirror in my bedroom, observing my outfit.

Hmm. I don't know.

I took off the flannel jacket and tied it around my waist, giving myself another once over.

Charlie 2.0 looked pretty slick, and definitely ready for a party.

Nora entered my bedroom, whistling at me.

She walked over to my bed and took a seat, breathing annoyingly loud.

"Are you sure you're okay?" She wondered.

"You should get a new question, cause that one is getting old." I quipped, still admiring my outfit in the mirror.

"I heard that Ella is throwing a party tonight." She stated.

"Yeah, I can't wait." I said excitedly.

"You hoping to see someone special there?"

I turned to face her. "What?"

"Is that why you've changed your whole look, to impress someone?" She wondered.

"I cannot stress this enough! I changed because I wanted to change. Leave me be." I groaned.

I was seriously getting sick of all the interrogations and assumptions.

"Okay." Was all she said before she up and walked out of my room.

I looked at myself in the mirror again, giving myself a look of confidence.

Alright.

It's time to go party.

Adelaide's POV

"Do you want to go out for something to eat?" I asked Ace, who was currently drawing in his sketch book, probably another tattoo design.

"I thought you were going to Ella's New Year's Eve soirée?" He quirked his eyebrows.

"Eh, sounded boring." I replied.

In all honestly, it didn't sound boring. It sounded like it would be a great party, which is exactly why I was going to attend. I was just going to drag Ace along with me, without his knowing.

"I guess I could eat." He said, putting his pencil down and closing his sketch book.

Okay, step one is complete.

Now I just needed to convince him to get dressed up nicely.

"You'd better go change." I encouraged.

"Why? It's not like we're going to some fancy restaurant." He scoffed.

"There's a new eatery across town, it's very fancy and like, totally elite! Only real rich people and what not go there. So, you have to dress to impress." I lied, very convincingly if I say so myself.

He rolled his eyes. "Fine. I'll be downstairs soon."

"Hurry up!" I urged, leaving his room and waiting downstairs in the foyer.

Step two, check!

I pulled my phone out of my purse and began texting Nora and Ella.

The target is on the move. I repeat, the target is on the move!