Boulevard of Broken Skateboards:

"Dance of the Knights" echoed in the studio. Despite the back of my knee being bruised, the "warrior" part of this Alien Warrior battle scene seemed to really come out of me during this. 

Not only was I having to battle someone I looked at as my literal lover, but I also had to battle the intrusive thoughts that came with doing this entire stupid dance. 

I had been avoiding him for two days now, and now I had to suddenly change pace and walk on eggshells to keep a balance between his good side and Klaus'. 

I was wondering when the torture was going to end

Ryan and I had gone over the stances I was supposed to do, so I was pretty okay-versed in that area. He was supposed to help Johnny as well, but the gorilla was late to class, and Ryan  wouldn't have been able to reach him after Klaus walked through the doors anyways.

The two of us held our staffs like jousting lances, walking around in a circle opposite the direction of each other while the rest of the dancers stood around us, observing. 

They began pounding their staffs into the floor. 

I parted my arms, before crossing my left over my face, and keeping my right behind me. Johnny seemed absolutely lost. 

I couldn't help but feel bad. 

I jumped ahead, my staffs parallel to his as they crossed between him. 
I jumped back, bowing. 

Then came the most difficult part: balancing. 

I jumped onto one staff while outstretching the other in his direction, and the gorilla tried to copy my actions. 
He stumbled, feet touching the ground as a stammer of apologies hastily flooded out from between his lips.

I frowned when Klaus whacked him in the arm. 

"Wrong." 

Johnny straightened his back out with one last apology, before picking up the staff he dropped. 

"Again!" 

We tried again; I managed to nail it. Johnny fell again. 

"Higher!" 
The gorilla yelped in fear as he landed on his stomach, his staffs thudding to the floor in front of us. 

"Wrong! So bad." 

He looked up at me, and I could've sworn he was holding back tears. 

I swallowed, trying to ignore the feeling of my heart shattering. 

"Again!" 

Sunset came before we knew it; we were trying over, and over, and nothing was changing. 

"NO!"

Kickenclober whacked Johnny in the chest, and he fell forward, landing right on his face. 

"AGAIN!" 

I tried to rush forward to help him up, only to be held back by Ryan taking my shoulder, giving me a fearful look. 
The staffs pounding the ground felt nonstop, like a ringing in your ears that would never go away. 

"Come on!" 

We tried once more; it was nightfall, and we were still in that damn studio, doing the same damn stance, and I was forced to watch that damn monkey torture my baby with that damn staff countless times. 
This was killing us. 

"Yuck!" 

"AGAIN!" 

"COME ON!"