Mis-Mistaken:

(Yes, that is spelled correctly. That's how it's supposed to be spelled XD -I.K.) 

----

I hadn't meant to stumble upon any of it. I was walking along, heard someone singing, bada-bing, bada-boom, there he was. 

I listened from behind the dumpster; I didn't have anywhere else to be, anyways. 

"In your mind, could you ever be,
really close to me? 
I can tell the way you smile."

I hadn't even stopped to wonder why he was there in the first place.  I'd assumed he was waiting to cross the street? 

I'd noticed that he'd cut himself off.

"If I feel that I, could be sudden then, 
I would say the things I want to say to--" 

He gasped, so naturally I gasped, too. I covered my own mouth and hoped he hadn't noticed. Taking a glance, I noticed the nape of his head whipping in my direction, and with eyes wide I sat behind the dumpster, my heart racing. 

He'd moved behind the wall of the building, and I heard a deeper voice. 

"Thought I heard someone singing...ah, whatever." 

I heard the boy speak up soon as the footsteps of the other strangers were gone. 

"Guys, listen, stay where you are," he spoke frantically, "the cops are here, and--" 

Cops? 

Was he on lookout? What for? Was this guy a criminal? Was I listening to the soothing vocals of a criminal?

That question had gone unanswered; a loud shattering noise came from the window above, and three gorillas came flying down to the surface. 

The tallest one turned around, and I was already trying to climb back over the fence. 

"Grab her!" he demanded, "She's a witness!" 

I gasped as I felt a hand slam against my mouth and two others grab my legs. I looked over at the one in the jacket. He hadn't said a word; all four of them were running, and I was being carried with them. After a few moments, I felt myself crash against the flatbed of a large black truck. 

"Let me go!" 

"Keep it shut!" 

Oof, scary voice. 

No more talk-talk for this (whatever animal you are)

We were already speeding off, and the one in the jacket almost got left behind; the tallest gorilla grabbed his hand, yanking him onboard. 

"Johnny, you were supposed to be keeping a lookout!" he scolded. 

"Sorry, Dad!" the boy was quick to respond. 

"And, where's your mask?!" the dad added. The younger gorilla quickly shuffled around, finally taking hold of a small bunny mask and sticking it over his eyes as we sped away from the police car. I'd looked up, seeing the police sirens barely reaching above the flatbed of the truck, flashing non-stop. 

"Help!" I called. 

"Johnny! Keep her quiet!" the leading ape ordered, somehow managing to maneuver himself inside the truck. It was at that time that I'd noticed they'd tied my hands behind my back. 

No wonder I couldn't raise my digit to scratch my nose! 

"Let me go!" I yelled, "I know karate!"