Deals and Devils:

A bull waitress skated over to our table, setting down an...awfully large smoothie...shake...dessert? 

Johnny what the hell did you buy this poor girl-

"Here you go," the waitress said. "One volcano smoothie with extra chocolate lava." 

The lynx's brown eyes grew to the size of the plate holding the smoothie.

"Shut. Up." 
With that, she dug in. The gorilla set down a bill on the table.

"Here: Fifty. Bucks."
He put his wallet away, folding his hands in front of himself.

"Honestly, if you could just give me some dance lessons, you would literally be saving my life." 

"Wait, if you're in a real show," the lynx piped back up, wiping the sides of her mouth with her paws. "How come you don't have a choreographer?" 

"We do; but turns out he's a massive weirdo." 

If that wasn't an understatement.

She glanced at me; I nodded in agreement. 

"The studio...isn't the best place for him," I explained, nudging Johnny as a gesture. "Trust me, he's much better off learning from someone less...snooty." 

The lynx smirked, fixing her gaze back on Johnny and scoffing.

"And how do I know you're not a weirdo?" she countered with a hum. "How do I know that you're legit?" 

"Well just come with us to rehearsals; see for yourself." 

"Johnny!" 
"Whoa whoa whoa, I'm not just gonna follow some guy I don't know to rehearsals!" 

"Well how else am I supposed to prove I'm legit?" 

The lynx shrugged, sipping from the straw of the smoothie; the gorilla looked to me for options. 

I gave him an apologetic look. He sighed, bowing his head. 

There were a few beats of silence, despite the music of the diner. 

"And maybe I should stop, 
and start confessing..." 

My ears picked up the noise of the gorilla beginning to sing next to me. 

"'fessin, yeah...OH I'VE BEEN SHAKING, 
I LOVE IT WHEN YOU GO CRAZY, 
YOU TAKE ALL MY INHIBITIONS, 
BABY THERE'S NOTHING HOLDIN' 
ME BACK!-" 

The lynx and I shared a bewildered look; she whipped her head to Johnny, who was now out of his seat and belting the lyrics in the middle of a once-quiet diner. 

"What are you doing?" she scolded in a whisper; my heartbeat picked up quickly as the other patrons in the diner fixed their gazes on us, chatting between each other excitedly as they clapped along to his singing.
I could feel my cheeks heating up. 

"Not now, not now..." I quietly begged, sheepishly resting my head in my arms. 

He couldn't have waited until we were at the hotel??? 

The lynx, however, seemed to find amusement in Johnny's antics. 

"You take me places that
tear up my reputation, 
manipulate my decisons, 
BABY THERE'S NOTHING 
HOLDING ME BACK!"

"I knew you were a weirdo." 

"OH-OH, AH-OH,
OH-OH! 
THERE'S NOTHING HOLDING ME
BACK! 
NOTHING AT ALL!" 

---

Nooshy, as we now knew her, slammed open the doors to the green room, where other animals were still working on the set construction for each part of the musical. 

"WHOA, this is sick!" 

"See?!" 

"First positions, please!" we could hear Buster call over the intercom. 

"Whoa, mate! Look at that, look at that!" 
Nooshy picked up a baton out of a cardboard box, spinning it in her paws...to the annoyance of the dog working with the props.

"Hey! Who are you--" 

"AH! It's alright," Johnny interrupted, separating the two with his hand. "She's with us."