1 kissing bridge

Richie was sitting on the grass in front of Eddie's house. He had been waiting for Eddie to come out and him and the other losers would go to the quarry.

"Eds finally." Richie smirks. As Eddie walks out of the garage with his bike.

"Wh- why are you calling me eds-" Eddie says trying not to blush.

"You're so cute when you're mad" Richie jokes.

As Richie and Eddie pass through the kissing bridge on the way to the quarry Eddie noticed something. Eddie hops off of his bike and runs towards it. 'R+E' it read. It looked like it was carved in with a hunting rifle or something. As Eddie walked towards it richies heart sank.

"Eds- let's go. The losers are waiting for us" Richie says trying to change the subject.

" 'R+E'? Is this from-" Eddie thinks to himself as Richie jumps off his bike and grabs onto Eddie's wrist.

"Rich- wait are you doing?"

"Eds, we have to go come on."

—————-

Eddie tried not to think about the 'R+E'  because Richie had obviously trying to avoid it. Did it Stand for 'Richie+Eddie' well it couldn't right? Richie couldn't feel that way about Eddie.

Eddie's heart sank. He for some reason was mad at the fact that Richie didn't like him back- or. Well, he didn't really know if he liked him. But anytime Eddie was with Richie he felt calm. Or when he felt his touch he couldn't stop blushing. Richie took up Eddie's whole mind, he had some sort of grab on Eddie.

"Eds- are you coming?" Richie says which snaps Eddie back into reality. As Richie unbuttons his Hawaiian button up. Eddie stared at him. All of the other losers were already in the quarry's deep water. But Eddie and Richie were still standing at the top.

Once Richie was done, he jumped straight into the quarry. Making a huge splash. Eddie followed after he got his shirt off.

(Later at the clubhouse)

"So, rich.." Eddie mutters while tapping Richies back. Richie tilts his head.

"Uh..never mind" Eddie really wanted to ask richie about that carving he saw at the kissing bridge, but maybe richie didn't write it. It could've been made by some couple. And Eddie didn't want to make things awkward.