2 love is hard

Richie stared at Eddie. He knew he definitely had feeling for him. Richie never knew how to express them. Even if he did, Eddie probably would say no. Richie assumed he was homophobic or just you know, straight.

"G-g-guess what" bill smiles while walking in with Stan.

"What's up bill?" Eddie says

"Me and bill...are dating" Stan smirks.

"Congrats!!" Eddie laughs. Eddie looks at Richie.

*I wish that was me and Richie* Eddie thinks to himself. Richie was thinking the same except with Eddie. They both had feelings for each other but weren't sure what to do. They both didn't know if the other person would say yes.

Eddie felt like he HAD to mention about what he saw at the kissing bridge. He decided he wasn't going to be a pussy and just ask.

"Richie- at the kissing bridge. While we were going to the quarry I saw something. It said 'R+E' uh.. did you write that?"

Richie felt his heart sink. It felt like his whole body was frozen. He didn't want to admit, but he also didn't want to lie. He looked Stan in the eyes. For a while Stan had known. Richie would usually vent to him about his problems.

"Do you guys want to go to the uh... arcade?" Stan attempts to change the subject.

"N-n-no t-the only p-p-p..." bill attemps to say before pausing for a couple of seconds.
"The on-only p-person who would w-w-want to go is r-r-ric-rich.." bill begins to roll his eyes.
"Richie." He finally spits it all out.

"Yeah he's totally right." Richie says jokingly

"You're avoiding the question rich."

"Eds chill out"

Eddie crosses his arm. But deep down he was hoping Richie would just say "oh yes Eddie. Oh of course i wrote that I LOVE YOU" but that would never happen.

Richie stared deeply at Eddie. He wanted to admit it. But he just couldn't. He was being a fucking scaredy cat.

- "Yeah. I wrote that."

"Ew you're gay?I don't want to be friends anymore"  -

That scenario played back and fourth through his brain. He couldn't lie to Eddie. He LOVED Eddie it hurt to lie. So,
"Fine." He finally admitted it.

"R-Richie who d-does th-th-the 'E' st-stand for?" Bill asks.

"Can we stop talking about it?" Richie scoffs. He grabs his comic that he left on his hammock and begins to read it. Eddie felt as if his heart was melting. The E obviously stood for him, right? There were no girls in derry whose name started with E.

But then again, if Richie was, you know. He would tell Eddie. It wasn't a question Richie and Eddie were best friends.

As Eddie laid in bed that night he planned to ask Richie out. What was the worst that could happen? He rejects Eddie and doesn't want to be his friend anymore. And ghosts him for the rest of Eddie's life. Just thinking about that made eddie cry. He felt so alone. No one to talk to this about. Except for Richie. But he can't talk to Richie about problems richies causing.