2

20:40

We are sitting and waiting. The match is about to start. I convinced my friend who only started to watch football a few weeks ago to come with me. I'm wearing Pedri's jersey. It's happening. It's really happening...

Bessie never saw the clubs play so as a veteran of this field, I told her one by one who the players are. In wich team they play and so on.

"Your favorite one is Pedri, the guy who always wears gloves, right ?" Asked Bessie who remembers this information really well since Pedri gets cold easely just like her.

"Yes ! he is my everything, i dont see him though..." i said as i looked around but couldn't lay my eyes on him.

Bessie caught my jaw and turned my head towards the right.

"Well a player who is wearing gloves is looking at our direction right now. In fact, I think he has been staring towards here ever since we sat."

The world stopped for a short moment. I couldn't believe it. Pedri is there. Im breathing the same oxygen as Pedri, AND HE'S STARING TO SOMEONE WHO IS CLOSE TO WHERE I AM. It's too good to be true. Is this another dream of mine ? Will bessie wake me up before the good part comes ?!

"Why is he looking here ? Are we next to someone he knows ??" People were screaming his name and waving at him.  Then Pedri smiled to the fans and waved his hand. As if he wasn't staring at someone just now.

Ever since the start of the match Pedri never looked back to where we were. It was almost the end and they were 1 x 1. The Fc Barcelone's were near the goal, one of them had to shoot.

Pedri, who was left alone for a little bit, was given the ball to. He shot without an ounce of hesitation.

It went in.

The players jumped on him, they won and were very happy. And in that moment where fans were either celebrating or being mad because of the other club's loss. I was staring at Pedri from afar. He won. He looked so happy. Seeing him with so much joy in him gave me a sense of fullfillement. My dear Pedri, that was the only thing I wished for you. Your happiness.

Me and Bessie got up to leave the stadium. It was quite late for 2 girls who have to take the bus. Bessie didn't want to come because of this.

"Hey, I'm hungry, let me buy something real quick and then we leave. It's late and I'm scared of people, but I'm veery hungry..."

I nodded my head in agreement.

"I'll look around one last time then."

"Dont go too far."

"I will not."

***

I did.