21. THE COMEBACK

He is back today. He was hurt for nearly a month, and today he is back in the game.

I didn't go see the match. I didn't really want to see the game through my TV either, I wasn't ready to see his face or hear his name.

I didn't see or talk to him since that day a few weeks ago. Has it been two weeks and a half now ? Almost 3 weeks ?

Bessie is watching the game with me as an emotional support.

He didn't look in his best state, nothing to be surprised for when it's your first match since your injury.

The great amazing pedri was embarassed to like a simple girl like me. Its obvious.

He made a few passes, tried to shoot, sat on the bench and then came back, made other passes, shoot,...

It was the usual, but now I felt empty when watching him play. The joy of being a fan is gone. What I see is a guy playing football, nothing more.

My time as a fan is gone for now. Maybe I will never be his fan again. Maybe I will tomorrow, in a month, in 9 months, in a year and a half.

I can't tell at all.

He never looked as ordinary, as human as right now before. I don't see "the pedro", some dude I loved so much even though he was never going know my name. Now all I see a guy doing his job, like you would see a teacher teach a class or a mechanic fix a car.

Fans are the last people on earth to see and understand that the person they worship is just some random ordinary human. He is a guy who would walk on the street in your neighbourhood and you would never know. The difference ? That random guy chose a celebrity job, and the cool vibe neighbour became famous and untouchable.

We never talked after that day. I didn't call nor text him, and he didn't either. He never came to the café again.

The more time passes and the more I feel like I was just a fling, something that entertained him, and now that the <<excitement about hiding a secret>> is gone, he got tired of me.

"Are you sure you don't want me to change chanels ?" Asked Bessie, worried that seeing him might make me cry.

I shook my head from right to left as a signal to let the match on TV

"Did you go see him ?"

"No."

"Let me give you an advice. Don't act shocked. Just listen." She said before tilting my head towards her with her hand.

"Talk to him it's been 3 weeks."

"I know." I said as I watched him play on TV.

"Can I say something real quick ?"

"Sure, go ahead. But after that shut up. I want to watch the match without thinking about anything."

"Okay... I just wanted to say I am so glad I'm not a pedri fan. I see him like a normal guy more than as a football player thanks to that. It helps me for your situation 29 times more."

A little acknowledging lip movement on my face.

***

The match ended almost an hour ago ans the same question goes through my mind since then,

Should I call him ?

I took my phone out to go in my contacts, but I had received a notification on my phone before doing it. It was the online news site about football I subscribed to.

News flash. Pedri, the football player of fc Barcelona was seen with a girl after the match.

According to our source, the girl and the football player have known each other for a long time now, they were long time friends before the girl, whose name isn't said yet, went to the united States for her studies and came back not too long ago.

Pedri and the mysterious girl have known each other since their school years, says a friend of the two. Was this girl the reason why Pedri doesn't have any dating rumours, since they met as soon as she set foot back in Spain ? Witnesses say seeing them hug and kiss each other on the cheek and then the girl going in Pedri's car as he drives.

I closed my phone back after reading the whole article and stared into the void blankly.

What did I read just now...?

I show Bessie the article when she asked me what's wrong.

"It doesn't mean anything." She says to make me feel better.

"I'm sure you don't believe what you said just now."

She grabbed my shoulders and shook me a few seconds before taking a serious tone.

"You are very sad because you have a crush on him. When my crush talks to other girls I think it's a huge deal, I automatically imagine and thinn 'he is talking to her I'm sure he has a crush on her and she obviously must have feelings for him too.' You are doing the same right now."

"They are surely friends and nothing more. Maybe they aren't even friends-"

"Please stop talking about it." I let out to cut her talking.

I want to forget. I want this to be out of my mind right away. To forget. That's all I want.

I will hold back my tears the most I can.

***

Hello hello, finally a new chapter. Sorry for not writing for so long but I wanted to take a break and didn't know how long it would be. I dont have schedules for the chapters. I write dont regret this when i have inspiration, MOTIVATION, and when people ask me to write

(if i didn't write in a long time and ppl still ask for a new chap i feel super guilty wich gives me motivation)

Dunno when the next chap will be out but at least Im back ig