Sept-Tour

I know it's only short but I really wanted to post a chapter so please enjoy. 

We all sat there in silence as Diana and Matthew took in the new information. Coming to my senses I threw the picture on the table in front of me and sat there speechless. "Who on earth would leave those here and how would they know where you live." Diana spoke breaking the silence. Then it was Matthew. "It was Knox his scents all over them." He stood and started speeding around my apartment.

I sat there my eye's not being able to escape the images they just witnessed. "Anne please say something your scarring me." Diana's voice was laced in concern. "Matthew." Was what escaped my lips he stopped what he was doing and came beside me once more. I stood up so we were at similar heights and unknown to what came over me my arms wrapped around his shoulders and he embraced me also.

He started whispering in my ear. "It's alright Thea, it's going to be alright." I started to feel calmer thanks to his embrace and we both separated. "What are you doing." My voice was less shaky than before but only slightly. Matthew went back to what he was previously doing and I noticed a suitcase with some of my cloths in it.

"You're not safe here anymore, I need you to be safe, we're leaving the three of us." My mouth opened slightly and I made my way over to the suitcase. "Matthew I can't just pack up and leave." His face grew angered but I could see concern written upon his brow. "If Knox knows where you live there's no telling what he'll do to get to the book. I won't take that chance."

My heart fluttered even more than it did in the library. He wanted to keep me safe. Diana came over. "So where are we going." I looked back over at Matthew waiting for an answer. "My home, Sept-Tour." Me and Diana both looked at each other and at the same time asked 'Where', he chuckled. "France."

....

The flight was peaceful, Matthew didn't leave my side once throughout the entire journey which comforted me and having Diana with us completed everything. We now sat in a car with Matthew driving the three of us to Sept-Tour. My nerves never seemed to settle during the entire drive and as we made our way through the winding streets of town they only increased.

Matthew had already informed both me and Diana that we would be meeting his mother and this was one of the main causes of my increased anxiety, that and the fact I would be staying for God knows how long in a castle with two vampires and witch. Yep nothing to worry about at all.

We finally pulled up outside of Sept-Tour and as Matthew parked I glanced over my shoulder at Diana to find she seemed almost as anxious as me. Opening the door to my side of the car Matthew reached out his hand helping me out of the car. Diana had decide to grab her luggage out of the boot and so I decided to help.

Carrying my suitcase we made our way up the set of stairs, I kept to Matthews side already feeling the tension and we hadn't even been introduced to his mother. "Thea this is my mother Ysabaue De Clermont." We climbed up the stairs as Matthew spoke. "Maman shall we continue the introduction out here or shall we go inside." Without a word she turned around and made her way inside with the three of us trailing behind.

The architecture on the outside of the castle was just as beautiful on the inside. "I had thought you might have shown some consideration Matthew." Ysabaue's words came out of no where, but I knew she didn't want me or Diana here. "I thought you prided yourself on being a radicle." Matthews response was not welcomed by Ysabaue. "I have never been a radicle, change is over rated."

Now we stood in what I could only assume was the living area and to say that only Ysabaue would use it, it was quite spacious with two couches and a full length coffee table with a fire place over looking the whole area with a mantel just above it.

When I started listening to the conversation once again I only caught part of a what Ysabaue was saying and then realised it was in old French. To be polite I responded in the same dead language. "Thank you for letting us into your home." My words seemed to shock the older vampire but at the same time I noticed the slightest upturn of her lips. Could that have been a smile.

I looked to my right where Matthew and Diana stood and I saw a look of aww on Matthews face and gave a gentle smile. "Diana's the historical scientist, I just like old languages." Diana and Matthew smiled at my words and this made me feel slightly more comfortable in the overwhelming sea of uncomfortableness.