Rendezvous

Being desperate for some time without any interruptions I had asked Matthew to show me and Diana around his home. The grounds were stunning I couldn't stop gawping at the gardens and architecture, which both Diana and Matthew decided to tease me slightly about.

I now lay in my room that Matthew had personal escorted me to whilst unnecessarily caring my bags by himself, 'what a gentleman' mh. Thanks to Marthe I had also learnt that 'my room' was actually Matthews tower, I'll definitely have to ask him about that later, but for the moment I was content with the silence and my book placed in the crook of my lap.

It had been at least an hour maybe two since Matthew had taken me to my room and so I wondered how Diana was doing. Placing my book on the night stand I made my way out of the room and down the spiral steps of the tower.

After a few minutes of needless wondering I finally found Diana's room and knocked so she knew I was coming in. The first thing I heard was a ringing and noticed Di picking up the phone. I waved and she motioned me over to sit on the bed with her. "It's Sarah and Em." I smiled and situated myself on her right.

"Diana your ring tones changed, where are you?" Sarah shouted over the phone with an undertone of fear. "Me and Anne had to leave Oxford." Diana sounded tired as she spoke. "What, why?" Diana but the two on speaker so I could hear them better as I answered Sarah's question. "Peter Knox confronted me and Di at the Bodleian and uh, broke into my apartment."

I could hear slight gasps coming from the other end of the phone as me and Diana waited for a response. It was Em who spoke. "I think it was right for the two of you to leave, though I can't imagine why Knox would be doing this." Diana sighed from beside me and answered Em's query. "Anne was actually the one to get the Ashmole manuscript from the Bod."

There wasn't a response from their end for a while. I looked over at Di for an answer but she just shook her shoulders, as confused as I was. Finally there was a response from the two. "Sorry girls me and Em are just shocked that's all. Anne could you have any idea how you could call the book forward." I thought for a second but I honestly didn't have a clue. "Sorry Sarah no, honestly my minds just been a bit of a mess since this all began." "It's alright honey, I know this must be confusing. Are we alright to talk to Diana for a bit." I smiled at Di before answering, "yeah sure." I got up of the bed and made my way out of the room.

I decided to take myself on a little wonder around the grounds. I always loved being outside in nature, but you can imagine you don't get much nature walks in the city. I knew I would enjoy my stay here, I just hoped I din't feel like a burden to Matthew.

We had known each other for a good while now and I always felt that we were good friends but now I worried this supernatural stuff would ruin what we had. I heard shuffling behind me and turned to find the man himself. "Anthea there you are I've been looking for you." I smiled cheekily. "And why might that be." He smiled back. "How do you feel about horses."

I chuckled as I answered. "I'd say I enjoyed them greatly. Why." He grabbed my hand and started walking with me in tough. "How would you feel about going on a ride with me?" I smiled even brighter. "This wouldn't happen to be some type of rendezvous, because if so then I would love to." By our quickening pace I took that as a yes. Perhaps this wouldn't ruin our relationship.

-----------

Sorry for the short chapter, but I really wanted to get a chapter out because of all the lovely comment I have been getting on the book. Hope you enjoyed.