Seeing is Believing

I rushed around the castle in a hurry. My recovery was quick since I had become fully fae. The grace that Edoneon said would happen only made me slightly clumsier. I wasn't used to feeling like I was walking on clouds. My hair was darker and grew incredibly fast, my eyes turned an intense green, my shoulders widened, my stomach shrank into muscle, my limbs grew longer, and all the muscle in my body and bone definition was enhanced. It was an incredible difference, but I almost missed my old self at times. I had also shed the horrific slave outfit and gained a beautiful light green dress that trailed behind me for a foot. It felt like a feather with the thin material and beautiful white designs that looked like swirled vines on the bottom and crept half way up.

Jareth had been scarce lately even though we were technically involved. He appeared every now and then, but retired to his room early. The loss of his father had hit the entire family. Sina had remained in her kingdom to handle the damage there and to be close with her mother to help her run the High Kingdom. Hedian returned to his kingdom for his creatures. Something told me I'd be seeing them very soon, especially when both of them promised to visit me as often as they could.

I had just finished breakfast and was walking down the corridor to my room to change into clothes to help in the cleanup of the labyrinth like I had the previous two days. It was definitely hard to clean up my childhood. Suddenly, I felt an arm snake around my waist and pull me back. I gasped at the force and turned around when I was pushed gently into an empty hallway. I looked up into Jareth's eyes and he smirked wickedly at me. "That face is extremely terrifying" I muttered trying to find my voice. His smirk deepened and he traced my cheek bones to my lips. "Maybe I should do it more often" He smiled dipping his head to kiss me.

I put my fist on his chest and pushed slightly to break the embrace. He looked at me confused and I raised an eyebrow. Recognition crossed his face and he took my hand and pulled my down the hall to the front door. "It's been two days hasn't it" He said over his shoulder. I nodded and he pulled me outside and around to the back of the castle. Suddenly, we were in a beautiful garden with thin vines climbing the walls and flowers all over. The stone path went around the garden and in the middle were two stone benches. The air above our heads was decorated with crystal pieces to provide a sparkling light.

I gazed in amazement and Jareth escorted me to one of the benches. We sat down next to each other and he turned to me, releasing my hand so he could pull out two crystals. I looked at them and he moved them in his hands with a smirk on his face. "Before I show you the crystals, I have a question" He said looking from his crystals to me. I nodded eagerly and the crystals disappeared.

"It was explained to you how people were matched right?" Jareth asked me. I assumed by matched he meant married. "Yes" I rasped. "Well, for royals it is very different. Instead of going to the council for approval, we use crystals. The only way we would even be considered, is if our dreams match up. I must warn you, although I have another chance, if you were to use your crystal on me and it didn't match with mine, you would never be able to find love again" He said gravely. Was he asking to marry me? "Jareth... what are you implying?" I asked.

"Sarah, since the moment I saw you, I knew you were special. You were the most beautiful person I had ever laid eyes on. Your determination and spark enchanted me and when you left, my love for you grew at the fact you rejected me to save your brother. Your heart is bigger than any person's I have ever met and your witty comments have me in a tail spin. Our past may be a little crazy and all over the place, but I wouldn't have it any other way. If you say yes, I would love to have an even crazier future together. Sarah Williams, if the crystal permits it, will you do the honors of being my wife?" He asked. Tears glided down my cheeks freely then and I reached forwards, took hold of his collar, and pulled him to me. Our lips met in a gently touch. "I'm taking that as a yes" He murmured making me laugh softly.