1

"And tell me was the West Coast all it's worth? She said no, 'cause life don't play out like the movies, no." Adeline by John-Robert

Adeline's eyes fluttered open slightly before she quickly shut them, blinded by an unexpected brightness

Adeline's eyes fluttered open slightly before she quickly shut them, blinded by an unexpected brightness. Her senses told her that her back was sore and she was cold.

She attempted to open her eyes once more, this time seeing that she was laying outside, on the ground that was covered in a few inches of snow. She was in a hilly area, surrounded by towering trees and snow-capped bushes.

"What...?" Adeline was confused on multiple levels. First, she did not recall falling asleep outside as she thought she had gone to sleep in her own pillow-top bed, and second, she thought it was April and most definitely not the time for snow.

Upon further inspection, she realized she was also not dressed in the same clothes she fell asleep in. In fact, she was in clothes that made her feel as if she was part of a civil war reenactment. She grabbed her head, her breathing slightly increasing as she could not process how any of this happened.

She began frantically looking around for someone to help explain what had happened, and in the process she stood up far too quickly causing her to fall back to the ground, black spots covering her vision.

"Oh dear, are you alright?!" Adeline heard in the distance, and her head whipped in the direction of the voice. She saw two women approaching her, both seemingly dressed in the same garb as herself. As they got closer, Adeline's eyes widened.

"Emma Watson?? Saoirse Ronan??" Adeline mumbled out loud, a little bit star-struck. The two women stopped, confused by the girl in front of them.

"Meg, are we sure we should stop for this girl?" Jo mumbled under her breath as they were close enough to the girl for her to hear. Meg smacked Jo's arm lightly.

"Miss, are you alright? What are you doing out in the snow? And you're not dressed properly, you might catch a cold!" Meg dropped to her knees in front of Adeline, gently wrapping her own scarf around the stranger.

"Are... are you guys filming a movie or something?" Adeline questioned, being slowly helped to her feet by Meg.

"Are we... what? I think you're confused, we are women, though I don't mind the thought of being called a fellow." Chuckled Jo as she helped her sister hold onto the arms of the odd girl that looked about her age.

"What... I am confused. Are you not... Emma Watson and Soairse Ronan? Actresses?" Adeline was sure they looked identical to the actresses she knew. In fact, she recalled watching a film with both of them in it just a few days ago.

"Goodness no! I mean, I do like to act, but my name is Meg March and this is my younger sister Jo. Do you... do you know your name?" Meg asked.

"It's Adeline... Meg and Jo March... wait! I understand, I'm dreaming!" Adeline exclaimed, breathing out a smile. The two sisters shared a concerned glance.