9

"So find someone great but don't find no one better, I hope you're happy but don't be happier." Happier by Olivia Roderigo 

It has been a couple of months since the March family collided so strongly with the Laurences

It has been a couple of months since the March family collided so strongly with the Laurences. Jo and Laurie have quickly become best friends, causing Addy to calm her worried heart that she was messing with the story. Laurie and Addy were better at being friends without any awkward moments, though Laurie's heart still longed for her. 

The five sisters were currently in the attic, attending their usual "gentlemen's club" meeting as they all dressed as men and spoke in low British accents. 

"A NEW PLAY, written by Miss Jo March, will appear at the Barnville Theatre, in the course of the next few weeks, which will surpass anything ever seen before on the American stage," Meg growled, reading off of a fake newspaper. 

"Starring the greatest actress from here to the Mississippi River, Miss Meg March!" Jo cried as Addy giggled. 

"Weekly report! Meg— Good. Jo— Bad. Beth— Very Good. Amy— Middling. Addy-- sort of alright," Meg reported, holding back laughter as Beth and Amy cheered, knocking their pipes together. 

"Mr. President and gentlemen, I wish to propose the admission of a new member. One who highly deserves the honour would be deeply grateful and would add immensely to the spirit of the club. I propose Mr.Theodore Laurence!" Jo cried, standing in front of her sisters. The air grew dead as the girls dropped their act. 

"No!" Meg cried in her normal voice as Amy joined her in protest. Addy frowned, not knowing how she felt about the addition, but recalling this situation from the movie. 

"Come on, let's have him," Jo whined, also dropping her act. 

"He's a real boy," Amy sighed.

"We don't want a boy. This is a club for ladies," Meg insisted, knowing that Jo and Addy both had odd feelings for the young Laurence boy. 

"I think we should do it, even if we are afraid. I say yes, it's Laurie!" Beth spoke up for once, causing Adeline to stare at her with wide eyes. 

"Now, everybody vote, and remember that it's our Laurie, and say 'aye'!" The girls all slowly said aye, finally landing on Adeline. 

"Aye," Addy sighed. 

"And there is no time like the present!" Jo chuckled as Laurie tumbled from behind the stack of clothes that the girls had. They all screeched and laughed as Laurie laughed loudly, bowing. 

"Traitor!"

"You rogue!" 

"Ladies, please, this is my stratagem, I deserve the blame. Jo only gave into it after lots of teasing," Laurie smiled, lightly poking at Jo as the two smiled at each other. Adeline saw this, knowing that her plan was working again, though she could not help the sting in her heart.