dtb interlude

you ever had somebody say that they was down for you?
they made it feel so real like they really down for you
they clown on you every time they turn around on you
they not loyal, they happy, they lookin down on you

៚ • one
៚ • bronx, ny
៚ • 11:45pm
៚ • samaria grant

"What do you mean Bryson's not feeling it?" I asked Jalani.

It was my lunch period and I was talking to my best friend Jaliya when Jalani came up out of nowhere.

"He won't tell me what happened. Just that he's not feeling it and he looked real sad. You gotta talk to him." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"How much you wanna bet it has something to do with Azealia?" I said and he bit his lip.

"Can you just talk to him? Please. We can't have him in his feelings for this practice." Jalani pleaded and I sighed before opening messages in my phone.

me- wya?

It took almost 5 minutes for him to respond.

bryson⭐️- music room, Kyra doesn't have a class

"This is just like Bryson," I said packing up my things.

"Do what you gotta do," Jaliya shrugged.

"All I know is that if he try and skip his practice I'm beating his ass." I laughed at her response.

"Bye Jaliya and Jalani. Gotta go mend a broken heart again," I hugged them both before heading out the lunchroom and down the hall.

Hey baby you forgot your Ray Bans
And my sheets still orange from your spray tan
It was more than soft porn for the K-man
She remember my Sprinter, said "I was in the grape van"

I was listening to no more parties in la as I went down the hall. This wasn't unlike Bryson.

He has a habit of getting into relationships with people that aren't technically the best for him. And then they go to shit and he gets so deep in his feelings. And I comfort him and in a few days he's either back with them or onto the next girl.

He doesn't listen to me whenever I tell him to take a break. So I've become numb to him being in his feelings and then dating another girl.

This time is was Azealia Grant.

Pretty girl, perfect vocalist in choir. I thought for a split second they would last.

He talked about how much he liked her and how she was different. And they went on dates. It has lasted- well it lasted for a cool 3-ish months.

They had their bad moments but overall I thought this would really be the change for him.

Clearly the fuck not because here we are.

When I arrived at the door to the music room I peeked in.

Kyra, our music teacher, who vowed to go by her first name unlike the other teachers(because it makes her feel old to be called by her last) was at her desk typing on her computer.

She turned her head to the door and smiled. I smiled back before walking further in.

"I'm here for Bryson's lil self," I said and she lightly laughed before putting up a thumbs up. Bryson was zoned out sitting at one of the keyboards. He had his head down and bookbag on the floor.

His outfit for today?

Grey sweater, grey sweats, new balance. It was a chill fit.

When I walked over I sat on the floor next to the seat and he turned his head to look at me.