lets talk about it

Yeah, baby let's talk about it
Your warm embrace can't live without it
Oh, no, no don't you doubt it
First nights so different, lavish about it
Let's talk about it
Oh you warm embrace can't live without it
Oh no, no, no, no girl don't you doubt it

៚ • eighteen
៚ • bronx, ny
៚ • 5pm
៚ • samaria bryant

"We're going to couples therapy when we get back from Jamaica." My parents said to Warren and I while we sat on the couch.

Warren and I looked at each other with the most astounded faces.

"You guys are serious?" Warren asked and I was just staring at them in disbelief.

"Yes we're serious."

"Wow."

"Your sister, Samaria, she made it very clear that there are issues that need to be worked out with a professional. We've been yelling and arguing and it has taken a toll on her. As much as we want to be good parents to you," she paused looking at me. "And you Warren. We have things that's need to be worked on to achieve that."

"How does that sound Samaria?" My dad asked.

Part of me was happy that my outburst made them realize their issues and want to change their action.

The other half of me was wondering if they would stay true to their word and actually let the therapist help them.

"Are you guys going to actually use this?" I asked.

"That's the plan."

"So does that mean you guys are gonna stop ignoring me?"

"We didn't mean to Samaria. We wanted to give you space after everything you said. But we also didn't know how to interact with you because your words made us realize just how we're affecting you." My dad said.

"I'm sorry for being disrespectful..." I apologized looking down at my lap.

"I will admit I was angry at first, with your tone. But then I realized what you said and why you were aggravated. So you have nothing to be sorry for Samaria. All the fighting and arguing became so normal to us that we forgot that our actions were still...not right." Well at least he knows...

"Before anything you're our daughter. And I guess speaking to you about our feelings after every argument wasn't right." My mom added.

I guess....

I guess...

Well it's better than nothing...

"Anyways both of you should finish up packing and get some sleep because we're leaving at 2am." She continued.

Warren and I hesitantly nodded before heading up the stairs.

"Ria bear, I'd appreciate if you texted me when stuff like this happens."

"I was having too many feelings to remember to text you." I shrugged as we went into my room.

"So what the hell did you tell them?" He asked closing the door behind him.

"You want from when I was yelling at them? Or what happened with Bryson?" I replied sitting on my bed while he sat on my desk chair.

"Something happened with Bryson? Start from there." He said crossing his arms at me.

"Okay so for about a week Bryson and I were being more affectionate or whatever because I don't know, something just clicked between us. There was a moment where we almost kissed but then we didn't. And then we were just more touchy or whatever."