(2)Deep Sleep(2)

-Chapter Two-
╸4007 words╺
╸Chapters word goal- 4000 words╺

╸Times re-written: 3╺

Nothing hurts more than
Trying your best
And still, not good enough.
R.H

෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴

Sakura charged forward pulling her fist back and focused her chakra into it. She smirked, writhing in the feeling of her strength. Her smirk widened as her fist collided with one of the ninjas recruited by the Akatsuki. Her fist went through his heart. She forced the chakra out of her fist, into the Akatsuki's body. He exploded, blood, bones, and organs flew outwards in all directions, coating Sakura.

This is when Sakura was happiest. Amid battle. It made her feel alive. It made her feel as if it filled the void in her heart, the bloodshed is what she lived for. She thirsted to see the life drain from their eyes.

This is what she was destined for. This was her life's true purpose. This is why she was placed on this earth. This is why she was born. This is why she is alive; to steal away the lives of others. This brought her true joy and happiness. She wasn't just surviving, she was Living...

Is what she tried to tell herself.

Her heart cried out in sorrow as she saw her comrades' bloodied corpses. Though she locked the thoughts of pity and sadness far away in her brain. So she wouldn't have to face the fact that she ruined lives, so so many lives with her crimes. It had to be convincing of course, so the enemy wouldn't think she actually cared about her friends, if they even thought of her like that anymore.

It was VERY convincing. Her 'act' convinced everyone; the enemy, her friends... Herself...

But she couldn't convince them.

෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴

Sakura mindlessly strolled through the market, not looking for anything in particular. She had picked up a few odds and ends that would last her whilst her... parents her were out. She was holding a large shopping bag in one hand filled with sweets, fruits, and vegetables. 'I feel so weak... I can barely hold on to this bag. There are Shinobi who could lift, like, a lot more than I'm lifting right now, at a younger age too. I need to start training more... Since I guess I'm supposed to be saving the world.'

The streets were sprinkled with Civilians, some doing some early shopping, some going to work and some drunkards just starting to go home. Sakura earned a few states from the passersby, wondering why the small girl was walking around on her own with a large bag. Of course, it was brushed off rather quickly, it's not uncommon for young children to not have parents with them; or at all, due to parents wanting their child to be independent, or they died in war or on the job.

The sun had just dyed the sky in a beautiful gradient of Pinks and Orange. '07:00' Sakura guessed. Summer was almost over, and the school year would start soon, a week or so.

Sakura stopped at a Local grocery store. It was small and had a homey energy to it. Sakura's eyes widened for a split second before her face returned to normal. Itachi was conversing with the cashier at the front.

Sakura slowly backed away from the store and out of sight, masking her chakra. Not without Itachi noticing.

"And then I said... Itachi-san? Are you listening?"

The cashier said putting her hands on her hips and pouting. She had white hair tied up in twin buns her eyes were dark crimson. She wore a green apron over a white shirt and black shorts.