(5) Tears of the strongest weak (5)

Chapter Five:
Tears of the strongest weak

Word goal: 1800
Words: 3690

╭──────༺❀༻──────╮
Tears
(n.) The blood of the soul
When the soul bleeds, you cry.
╰──────༺❀༻──────╯

╸Recap╺
Itachi made the decision to massacre the clan elders along with all of the police force.
Nobody is happy.

෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴෴

Mebuki and Kisashi couldn't be in a worse state. They had found blood outside Sakura's window and they had raced to any possible conclusion that came to mind.

It's like they were frozen in place, time stood still as they sat with their heads down. Kizashi covered his face and internally shamed himself for leaving her side. Mebuki tangled her hands in her damaged hair, staring off into the distance of the kitchen.

At that moment, a knock came at the door. A mix of hope and impending dread churned in their hearts.

Slowly, Kizashi pulled himself up, wiping his eyes of any tears that managed to make their escape. Mebuki reluctantly followed suit, smoothing out her hair to a more presentable manner.

They walked through the halls of their empty home wordlessly. 'Home'. The word did not quite fit right. They had took for granted Sakura's bright smile, the way she pouted when things didn't happen how she wanted. Her puppy eyes when she begged for an extra treat. Her silly little run around the house as she pretended to be a ninja.

Most of their valuable items in their house, save for a few piece's of furniture, had been sold to pay for treatments for Sakura's unknown condition. And for the 'babysitting' they hired other ninjas to do. One of the more dreaded D rank missions given to unlucky genin's. Occasionally given to the Uchiha boy who always brought his younger brother.

Taking a deep breath, Kizashi twisted the creaky handle on the door and opened it.

"Hello, I believe this is yours?" Mikoto smiled, gesturing to the small girl clinging to her back.

Sakura lazily looked up, making eye contact with her parents wide, bloodshot eyes.

Sasuke stood next to the pair, clutching a pair of crutches to his chest awkwardly looking up at Mebuki and Kizashi. He had never spent much time with them, only mere hello's and thanks for looking after Sakura.

Mebuki and Kizashi stood frozen in place.

Mikoto gracefully turned around offering Sakura to the two wide eyed people before her.

Shaking, Kizashi grabbed Sakura from Mikoto. She came easily, her hands were so loose around Mikoto he was almost surprised she hadn't fallen off.

He gently cradled the young girl in his arms, scared as if the smallest wrong move will break her. Mebuki layed her hands on Kizashi's shoulders, looking over them to her daughter. Tears built up in her eyes as she made eye contact with the sleepy pinkette. Relief flooded  their senses as their daughter was finally awake and safe. Convinced that she would never leave again.

Finally processing the situation they were in, both Kizashi and Mebuki's heads shot up to look at the two Uchiha's.

"What was she doing with you!?" Kizashi couldn't keep his voice calm.

Mebuki looked down to Sakura, but she didn't stir. She just looked around slowly, like she was a baby who had just awoken out of the hospital, trying to observe what was surrounding her.