Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

Definitely Apollyon.

He looked almost exactly like the depictions in the documentaries I'd seen. He was described as not only fucking stunningly sexy, but fearsome and badass. However, the documentaries never said where he, or his wife for that matter, had gone off to. Supposedly, they had disappeared shortly before Hades had become established. Rumors said they'd committed murder-suicide in order to avoid the supposed betrayal of the Windstorm clan they had worked so hard to create.

According to legend, Apollyon and Lilith sired at least six kids. Astaroth, Paimon, Windstorm, Belial, Oriens, and Egin. Together, they were supposed to bring about the Christian apocalypse, or so said the archangels. Some legends said they were trying to form their own army to destroy the realms. But the Windstorm clan, whose very first member was Mr. Windstorm himself, were devout followers of Apollyon and Lilith, so a lot of the texts came from their families archives. The archives claimed Apollyon and Lilith simply wanted to get revenge on Yhwhwa for casting them out of Heaven, so they launched a holy war against them. Apparently it destroyed the human realm pretty badly, to the point where Yhwhwa tried to cover it all up with a massive flood to reset what had happened.

In the process, Apollyon and Lilith had lost most of their children, save for Windstorm and Astaroth. They retreated to Hades to find safety. There, Windstorm had met a female and had begun to start a family. Astaroth, on the other hand, had been furious that his parents had fled with their tails between their legs. Supposedly, he'd tried to kill both of them, but he was stopped by the mighty Windstorm and sealed away for eternity... Or something like that.

Apollyon and Lilith once again fled, this time leaving Windstorm to care for the family he had started. From there, the Windstorm had become very tight knit and powerful. Sometime after Hades arrived in the Greek underworld, he offered the Windstorm clan protection and riches beyond their wildest dreams if they gave up their control of Tartarus. The Windstorm clan agreed and that was why the Windstorm clan was so stuffy and rich now.

After that, the texts were blurry at best. The Windstorm clan never confirmed what happened to Apollyon and Lilith. They claimed it was to protect them. Others said they honestly had no clue. Whispers flew that they were dead.

Yeah. Not really.

Considering I was staring Apollyon dead in the face.

"Sup," I said after a moment. Apollyon frowned at that, cocking his head to study me with those fiery eyes. He seemed to be examining me closely. He stepped forward, and despite all the chains on that shiny clean black armor, he didn't make a single sound, not even his massive wings that flared for a moment before folding up behind him, but they didn't disappear, almost like they knew they would be needed soon.

Great.

I realized, as he started to circle me, that I was hovering somehow. Some kind of magic was holding me aloft in the air so he could walk all the way around me, scanning me from head to toe. I almost panicked, thinking I was fucking naked and defenseless, but I was wearing some kind of silky pale blue baggy outfit. I didn't care for the material, too gauzy and almost see-through.

Apollyon didn't say anything for a while, just circled me before he came to stand in front of me again, this stern frown on his face as he stared up at me.

"I'm sorry," I said after a moment, making him arch a brow, "Do I have something stuck in my asscrack or something?" Apollyon's eyebrows slammed down, like he was very displeased with that, but he didn't get a chance to say anything because there was the sound of a door opening somewhere and a relieved feminine sigh.

"Oh, thank the Source, he's still alive." I turned my head to see a female coming into the picture, and where Apollyon was fucking sexy, she was dropdead gorgeous. Her skin was white as snow, her wavy hair as black as night, eyes the color of blood, and sleek fangs that peeked out from her blue painted lips. She wore her own set of armor, shiny and black as well, with a long flowing red cape that trailed the cave floor behind her. She glanced at me for a moment, then went right to Apollyon to cup his face in her hands.