I.V

It was nearing Halloween

It was nearing Halloween. Christopher was excited to go trick or treating around the neighborhood early before heading to the hospital and trick or treating around there with some of the sick kids.

Ever since he was old enough to walk, he made sure to celebrate with his mother for a bit. She didn't like Halloween much, but Christopher didn't know that. He didn't know much about her beyond what his father had told him and what he's seen on those home videos Eddie played every now and again.

Catalina sat in the truck with the team as they headed towards a call about a fallen hiker. She wasn't paying much attention to what they were talking about. this was the first time in weeks that she was able to leave the hospital.

They reached the hiking trail shortly, everyone getting out quickly to get to the fallen hiker. Catalina breathed in the fresh air, feeling the sun on her skin. She was usually tan but seeing as her body has been stuck in a stuffy hospital for three years, she'd gotten very pale.

She made it a mission to tan once she woke up. Being so pale made her feel sick; not like herself.

She looked down from staring at the sky to see the team way ahead nearing a cliff. She cursed under her breath before jogging up to them.

They all looked down the cliff where they found the guy's selfie stick.

"Hen, Chimney, get the winch and the guidelines. Prep a basket just in case." bobby started giving out orders. Buck and Eddie started prepping their harnesses and ropes to go down the cliff.

"I swear, Edmundo and Evan. You better be careful." She said mostly to herself as she watched them descend the side of the cliff. She knew those two were a bunch of adrenaline junkies whenever they were together and it only made her worry more considering their line of work.

Catalina stood next to Chimney, Hen, and Bobby. Chimney could feel her around, almost feel her worry. "Cat, they'll be okay. They've done worse for less." He tried to reassure her. Hen and Bobby looked at each other. They were the only people left on the team that was still a bit skeptical but they also were the only ones that haven't gone to see her.

Chimney had been going frequently whether with her family or Buck or even by himself sometimes. Thankfully, Eddie didn't mind. If anything, he was happy that his wife was growing a support group. That she would be able to wake up to a group of friends.

Catalina only had one friend she could think of that would've been by her side but she hadn't talked to him since after graduation. She'd be lying if she said she didn't miss him. He was her best friend and she was devastated the day they cut contact.

Gratefully, Chimney and Buck had been so great to her that they'd partially filled in that spot in her heart.

"Buck, Eddie, you guys see anything down there?" Bobby questions over the radio, snapping her out of her thoughts. She walked over to Chimney, placing a hand on his shoulder to let him know she heard him and that was thankful for his reassurance. He smiled when he felt that familiar chill down his spine.