Chapter Six

"Are you serious?" Rosa inquired shocked.

I couldn't make such a big decision by myself nor could I let my personal history with a certain asshole affect my decision, which was why we were in my office talking it over together. Aurora was right that the move would greatly benefit me, minus that one thing, and would benefit the pack if they weren't against moving. But I still wasn't sure. What if there was something that I wasn't thinking of? A reason why we shouldn't move?

Or, maybe, I was trying to find one so I didn't feel selfish for not wanting to leave.

Emma sighed, squeezing her wife's shoulder while Adam just stared at me. Definitely not uncomfortable at all. "This would be beneficial to the pack but," he started to say but Emma cut him off.

"But how would it affect you, Alexa? Seriously, I've seen the effects your mate had on you just from him being here a couple days. If we merge packs, you'd see him a lot more. Could you handle that? Actually, no, would you want to handle that?"

No.

"It doesn't-"

"Don't you dare say it doesn't matter because it does. You're important to us and to the pack. So don't make this decision without considering how it will affect you," Rosa demanded. Her wife and Adam both nodded in agreement, wanting me to consider myself for once. And while I appreciated how much they cared, I was the leader of my pack. I couldn't make decisions solely based on my needs, especially if it caused us to give up such a great offer.

Even if I wanted to, like really wanted to.

I sighed, "Listen, you guys know I can't just turn this down because of personal reasons. It's too big of an offer for us."

"But will it benefit you? You can't lead a pack if you're not well and you know that," Adam said sternly.

"That's true," I surrendered, spinning around in my office chair. "Though Aurora did point out that I would be able to work less so that's something."

That point made them all silently look at each other, almost as if they could read each other's minds. Though that wasn't possible without our pack having a legal alpha. Something about the process gives alphas the ability to link pack members, though I wasn't entirely sure how.

After a few minutes of awkward silence — at least on my end — they all nodded at each other. Slightly creepy but alright. "That could benefit you. You'd have time to actually relax, and maybe if you were open to it, you could go to therapy" Emma responded.

"So, then it's settled? We all agree it would be a good idea?" Rosa inquired.

Everyone mumbled in agreement, which meant we could move on with this process. "Well, then I guess we should ask the pack for their opinions and take a vote. Maybe vote later though so they have some time to think about it." I stated.

"Maybe you could ask for a consultation with the king and queen after we discuss it with the pack. That way if there are any questions, you could get them some answers," Adam suggested.

Now, that was a good idea. I had a lot of questions about this whole thing and how it would work, and I'm sure my pack would too. All I had to do was figure out how to do that. I'm sure it will be super easy.

Note the sarcasm.

***

It actually was super easy. All I had to do was text Aurora, and her father agreed. Once I got there the guards looked at me curiously but let me go in without any trouble. I was honestly a bit worried they'd try and throw me into the dungeon or something. Walking into a castle filled with royal wolves as a rogue was very nerve-wracking.