Understanding (Xscape)

PROMPT:

This is the continuation of  One Night Stand, this is Kandi telling Tamika and the rest of the girls about the baby. Chiii, the drama will ensue, between whom is the question?

Also, I might try a different dialogue format since there's gonna be so many different characters,  I feel like it will be easier this way. (LOL chiii, nevermind I hated it, so...)

🎶🎶🎶🎶

Kandi Burruss
October 1995

So, I'm currently debating with myself when to finally tell everyone about the babies.

Yes, babies chiii, I went to the doctor after I took the test, and they confirmed that not only am I pregnant but that it's twins. Lord have mercy on Tamika and me, one is a lot on its own, so I can't even imagine two, and as first-time parents nonetheless. Lord endow us with strength, please...

Anyways, I decided to tell everyone, including Tamika, about the baby at once because honestly, I'm scared of what everyone's reaction is going to be, and in case anyone has a bad reaction I'd rather face it all at once rather than prolong the negativity by telling everyone separately or telling Tamika first and then telling everyone else.

I want to rip the bandaid off all at once, rather than in little bits at a time. I don't think I can have this conversation more than once.

Honestly, if I could, I would wait to tell everyone, but well according to my doctor, I'm already 4 months and I'm starting to show slightly already, people will start to notice sooner rather than later, and I'd rather I tell them myself as opposed to them figuring it out, especially Tamika.

I mean I could just start wearing clothes that will cover that area, but since I'm known for wearing revealing clothing, it would look hella weird and suspicious if I just suddenly started wearing baggy clothes, everyone would immediately know something ain't right.

So, well as you see there's no other choice but to tell them as soon as possible.

Now, the only question is when, and where...?

🎶🎶🎶🎶

A Few Days Later

Well, today is the day I decided to finally tell everyone about the newest Scott babies, and yes I plan on giving the babies Tamika's last name, well that's if she even wants to be a part of their lives.

I don't know how to feel because on one hand this could either go completely left and ruin everything,  or this can be the greatest thing to happen to this group and bring everyone closer than ever, but knowing this group it will be more likely to be the first instance, chiii...

Anyways, let me clean up a bit, and make some snacks for the girls and I's little sit down later.

🎶🎶🎶🎶

*A Few Hours Later*

So, the girls and I have been sitting and staring at each other quietly for the last minute or so, them in confusion, and me in nervousness.

I know they probably think I'm crazy because I brought everyone here for a supposedly important chat, only to sit here quietly looking a fool in the face for dang near 5 minutes straight, but damn it, I'm nervous as hell, I don't think Imma be able to start this conversation off...

"Um, girl....what the hell you called this meeting for?" Tiny asked with a confused face.

Thank God for Tiny, this was exactly what I needed to start this conversation.

Kandi: "So, I brought y'all here today to tell y'all something, and I'm not sure how y'all are gonna take it, but I hope y'all will be happy or at least give me a bit of understanding."