Chapter 3: Captain Jack Sparrow

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

Out in the sea, a man stood on the mast of a boat gazing ahead at the land of Port Royal.

He was a tall man with tan skin, black eyes, long black dreadlocks, a mustache and beard that was twisted into two braids. He wore a pirate hat with a red bandana underneath, tan pants, a white shirt, a long overcoat and a belt that had a sword, a pistol, and a compass attached to it.

The man looked down and noticed his small boat was filling up with water, and he quickly jumped down and started scooping the water out with a bucket.

He the paused when he saw three skeletons hanging by their necks from a rock. There was a sign next to them that said 'Pirates, Ye Be Warned.'

The man took his hat of in salute to the dead pirates, as his little boat sailed passed them.

...

All the other sailors working at the docks paused what they were doing when they saw the man standing confidently on the mast of his boat as it slowly sank into the water. He approached the docks and stepped onto them just as his boat sank past it.

He strutted down the dock and passed an older man that had a boy with him. The older man did a double take when he saw him pass and called out to him.

"Wha...? Hold on there you! It's a shilling to tie up your boat to the dock. And I shall need to know your name." He said.

The tan skinned man glanced at his sunken boat and back at the older man. "What do you say to three shillings, and we forget the name?" He offered, placing three shillings onto his book.

"Welcome to Port Royal, Mr. Smith." The man said, closing his book.

'Mr. Smith' quietly thanked him and made his way into town.

...

'Mr. Smith' made his way to another dock that had larger, fancier looking boats docked on it. He went down a set of stairs, towards the dock, passing two soldiers, who spotted him, and immediately blocked his path.

"This dock is off limits to civilians." The thinner of the two said.

"I'm terrible sorry I didn't know. If I see one, I shall inform you." 'Mr. Smith' promised.

He tried to go around them, but the soldiers blocked his path again.

"Apparently there's some high-toned and fancy to-do at the fort, eh? How could it be that two upstanding gentlemen such as yourselves did not merit an invitation?" 'Mr. Smith' asked.

"Someone has to make sure the dock stays off limits to civilians." The thinner one named Murtogg answered.

"It's a fine goal, to be sure. But it seems to me that a ship like that..." he gestured to a large, grand ship. "...makes this one a bit superfluous, really."

"The Dauntless is the power in these water, true enough, but there's no ship that can match The Interceptor for speed." Murtogg explained.

"I've heard of one. It's supposed to be fast, nigh uncatchable. The Black Pearl."

The chubbier of the two guards, Mullroy, laughed. "There's no real ship as can match The Interceptor."