Chapter 13: An Accord

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

Norrington, Jack, and several other soldiers sat in long boats by the entrance of the cave. Norrington had his spyglass out and was using it to scan the seemingly empty deck of the Black Pearl.

"I don't care for the situation." He admitted, lowering his spyglass. "Any attempt to storm those caves could turn into an ambush."

"Not if you're the one doing the ambushing." Jack reminded him. "I go in and convince Barbossa to send his men out in their little boats, you and your mates return to the Dauntless and blast the bejeezus out of 'em with your little cannons. What have you got to lose?"

Norrington glanced at him. "Nothing I'd lament being rid of."

Jack looked awkwardly to the side before continuing. "Now, to be quite honest with you, there's still a slight risk to those aboard the Dauntless, which includes the future Mrs. Commodore."

Norrington looked down in thought at that point.

...

Elizabeth was being manhandled by two soldiers and being forced into the Captain's cabin.

"Sorry, but it's for your own safety." Gillette told her, and she thrashed and screamed.

"The Commodore! There's something I have to tell him!" Elizabeth screeched.

(Y/n) went to follow, but heard someone whistle from down below. She looked over the railing and saw Jack sitting in a long boat by himself, waving at her to join him.

(Y/n) quickly glanced around, making sure no one was looking, before climbing over the edge of the ship and jumping into the boat with Jack.

"Hello love. You're chariot awaits." Jack joked with a smirk, as he began rowing away from the Dauntless.

...

"The pirates, they're cursed they can't be killed!"

Elizabeth was shoved into the room and Gillette stood by the doors.

"Don't worry miss. He's informed of that. A little mermaid flopped up on deck and told him the whole story." He chuckled, as he closed the doors.

"This is Jack Sparrow's doing!" Elizabeth yelled, but nobody heard her.

...

Jack smiled to himself as he rowed the longboat into the cave.

(Y/n) narrowed her eyes suspiciously. "What are you planning, Jack?"

Jack just grinned wider. "Don't you worry you're pretty little head about that love. I've got a solid plan, and I promise no harm will come to young Mr. Turner, or Miss Swann."

"Uh-huh...and why am I coming with you?"

"It'll be easier for us to escape to the Pearl together if you're here now, instead of me having to come fetch you from the Dauntless." He replied simply.

The longboat reached the shore and Jack stepped out.

"Wha...? Hang on, I never agreed to going with you." (Y/n) pointed out as she stepped out of the boat as well. "You can't just—!"