Chapter 10: The Interceptor vs. The Black Pearl

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

Jack and (Y/n) were dragged aboard the Black Pearl. As soon as they stepped foot on the ship, Barbossa ordered that (Y/n) be put in the brig. Again.

Jack was not happy about this. "I would actually prefer it if the lady accompanied us."

"Don't worry Jack. No harm shall come to her." Barbossa promised. "Consider her a bit of leverage to get rid of any thought ye might have of lying to me."

Jack glared at Barbossa, but he just smirked. "Shall we?"

He extended his arm towards his cabin. Jack huffed but, headed there anyway.

...

"So you expect to leave me standing on some beach with nothing but a name and your word it's the one I need and watch you sail away on my ship?" Barbossa laughed.

"No. I expect to leave you standing on some beach absolutely with no name at all, watching me sail away on my ship, with (Y/n) not in a cell, and then I'll shout the name back to you. Savvy?"

"But that still leaves me standing on some beach with naught but a name and your word it's the one I need." Barbossa pointed out.

Jack picked up an apple from a tray. "Of the two of us, I am the only one who hasn't committed mutiny. Therefore, my word is the one we'll be trusting."

Jack sat down across from Barbossa. "Although, I suppose I should be thanking you, because, in fact, if you hadn't betrayed me and left me to die, (Y/n) and I would have an equal share in that curse, same as you." He took a bite from the apple. "Funny old world innit?"

Just then, a tall muscular man with dark skin entered the cabin. "Captain, we are coming up on the Interceptor."

...

Jack followed Barbossa up to the deck and stood in front of him as he looked through his telescope.

"I'm having a thought here, Barbossa. What say we run up a flag of truce, (Y/n) and I scurry over to the Interceptor, and I negotiate the return of your medallion? Eh? What say you to that?" Jack offered.

"I say, Jack, that's exactly the attitude that lost you (Y/n) and the Pearl. People are easier to search when they're dead. Lock him in the brig!" Barbossa ordered.

...

Down in the brig, (Y/n) had been peering through a small hole in the wall of her cell, trying to see what was going on, but all she managed to see was the occasional barrel or crate floating by. She wondered what was going on, when the door to her cell opened, and Jack was shoved inside with her.

"Jack!" She exclaimed.

"Apparently, there's a leak." Jack said, looking at the water that was on the floor.

"What happened?" (Y/n) asked.

"Well, love, clearly my plan has not worked out the way I had hoped. But, we still have the advantage of knowing who's blood they need."

(Y/n) nodded in acknowledgement, before turning back to the wall and bending down to peer out of the hole again, and Jack couldn't help but admire the view.