Chapter 12: Why's the Rum Gone?!

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

"We're devils, we're black sheep were really bad eggs, drink up me hearties yo-ho!"

It had become nighttime now, and the three had managed to build a fire and were now dancing around it singing songs, completely drunk. Well, Jack was completely drunk. Elizabeth and (Y/n) were only pretending.

"Yo-ho, yo-ho, a pirates life for me!"

"I love this song!" Jack drunkenly yelled.

He grabbed (Y/n) by the arm and twirled her around.

"Really bad eggs! Oh."

Jack stumbled onto the sand, pulling (Y/n) down with him.

"When I get the Pearl back, I'm gonna teach it to the whole crew, and we'll sing it all the time." He slurred.

"And you will be the most fearsome pirates in all the Spanish Main." (Y/n) agreed.

"Not just the Spanish Main, love. The entire ocean. The entire world. Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is...what the Black Pearl is...is freedom."

(Y/n) leaned her head against Jack's shoulder. "Jack, I'm sorry you got stuck here again. Must've been terrible the first time."

"Oh yes..." Jack agreed, slyly slipping his hand around her shoulders. "But the company...is infinitely better than last time, and the..." with the angle they were sitting, Jack took a quick glance down (Y/n)'s shirt. "...scenery has definitely improved..."

(Y/n) glanced up at Jack and he looked into her eyes. He began to lean down, but (Y/n) quickly sat up and removed her head from his shoulder.

"Mr. Sparrow! I'm not entirely sure I've had enough rum to allow that kind of talk." (Y/n) teased.

"I know exactly what you mean, love." Jack coyly ran his hands over his mustache and flipped the ends up.

He then wove his hand into (Y/n)'s hair, and went to pull her head closer to him again. And once again, (Y/n) stopped him.

"To freedom!" She exclaimed, holding up her drink.

"To the Black Pearl." Jack added.

The two clinked their bottles together and drank. (Y/n) only took a small sip, but Jack guzzled down his drink until he fell back onto the sand, completely passed out.

(Y/n) looked down at his unconscious form and smiled. She then leaned down and kissed his forehead.

"Sleep well Captain. Because you are not going to be happy when you wake up."

(Y/n) stood up and walked over to Elizabeth who had snuck off towards the hatch.

"Okay, he's out." She reported.

"Good. Now help me get these crates out."

"I really hope this works, because Jack is going to kill us when we find out we burned his precious rum."