Chapter 13

Arjun and Ayira sit in front of her house in their car. They arrived about 5 minutes ago and neither had the heart to go home.

"Ne kelambita?", Ayira asks looking over at Arjun.

Arjun shakes his head, "No"

Ayira laughs and says, "Naana ona pakka matten nu solre? Sir dhan busyah irrukinga."

"Ayy, kindle pannadha di", Arjun whines.

"Seri ennaku onnu kuduthitu po", Arjun smirks.

"Yedhu? Adi ah?", Ayira asks with her raised eyebrows.

"Yen?Unnaku theriyathu?", Arjun asks with a naughty half-smile.

Ayira shrugs, "mhm mhm"

Arjun slowly leans towards Ayira as her eyes widen. She slowly moves back until there is no space left until she has enough and pushes a laughing Arjun away.

"Porriki", Ayira mutters hiding a smile.

"Keetuchu", Arjun said.

"Adhan sonnen", she says smiling cheekily.

He glares at her before he smiles slowly. Ayira looks confused before she realizes what he was going to do.

"Ayy venam da-", Ayira starts to say before Arjun starts tickling her. The car is filled with laughter and smiles as Arjun continues tickling her.

On Saturday morning, a sleepy Malar sits on her bed having just woken up. She jolts to her senses when she hears her phone ring. She answers it without looking and says a sleepy good morning.

"Malar? Innum arre thookathulaya irruka?", Anirudh asks sounding annoyed.

"Kalailaye call ah? What do you want?", Malar asks.

"Athu vandu...seri onnum ille you go back to sleep.I'll handle it.", Anirudh says sounding hesitant but panicked.

"Anirudh enna achu?", Malar asks sensing the seriousness in his voice.

"My pen drive with the songs on it for the new movie. It's missing", Anirudh says distressed.

"What? Nan odane varen", Malar cuts the call before scrambling to get ready. She's out the door in 20 minutes and reaches his studio soon.

She walks in asking, "Did you leave it here yesterday? Are you sure about it?"

"Yes. Nan veetuku edithitu pogale but I don't remember where I kept it here.", Anirudh responds.

He sits on the couch with his head in his hands.

"I just hope no one took it, that's the main problem.", he says.

Malar walks to him before giving him her hand. He looks at it confused before putting his hand in hers.

She pulls him up to stand before saying, "We'll find it. I'll help you. You start from this end of the room, I'll start from the other."

A quiet 15 minutes pass as both of them search thoroughly. Anirudh sighs in frustration as he still finds nothing.

"Kandupudichiduvom... don't worry", Malar says before moving to his recording station to search there. She searches everywhere her hope slowly dwindling.

She turns to look at Anirudh who looks at her hopefully as she shakes her head no. He closes his eyes feeling lost and angry. Malar walks to him to try consoling him, but she suddenly remembers something.

"Wait", she says to him before going back to his recording station. She takes a pen and kneels down on the carpeted floor before looking under the desk.