Chapter 22

Monday morning, Malar walks down from her room, with a duffle bag slung over her shoulder.

"Good morning pa", Malar kisses her father's cheek and walks to the kitchen to hug her mother.

"Ayira veetuku ah ma kelambura?", her dad asks from the hall.

"Hmm pa, one week anga dhan. Ava amma appa da varadhe ille, so na poren", Malar responds.

"Seri ma", her dad says.

"Indha di, saptu po", her mom says thrusting a plate into Malas's hands.

Malar walks to the hall with her plate before sitting down next to her dad.

"Appa Sakthi ku ponnu pathitingala?", Malar asks him.

"Hmm oru ponnu irrukka, yennoda childhood friend oda daughter. I think she's perfect for Sakthi. I think unakku kooda avala theriyum, nee school padika modhu neeum Ayira vum ava friends ah irundhinga. Aprom ava abroad poita.", Sarath Kumar responds.

"Ama va? photo katunga", Malar asks excitedly

"Innum avangala anuple ma", her dad says chuckling.

"Yennaku dhan modhale katrunga appo", Malar tells her father strictly.

"Seri ma", her dad smiles.

Ayira rushes from the kitchen to the open the door.

"Yen di, ivlo vaati bell adikura", Ayira scolds Malar who hops inside excited and hugs Ayira.

"Innaiku college illa?", Malar asks.

"Innaiku afternoon lecture dhan, na late ah polam", Ayira responds sitting on the couch beside Malar.

"Ippo yenga pore? Arjun ah paka va?", Malar teases. Ayira swats Malar's hand away.

"Adhalam onnum ille, he's busy now.Nee studio ku pole?", Ayira says.

"Office le vela irruku, Anirudh eh call panni kekanum.", Malar says.

"So unga rendu perum kum enna nadkidhu?", Ayira asks with raised eyebrows.

Malar shrugss trying not react.

"Ayy, unakku pudichirika?", Ayira asks.

Malar sighs, "Theriliye"

"Adu epdi di,seri ippdi yosi.When Shruti was close with Ani anna how did you feel?", Ayira asks.

"I wanted to break her head", Malar says calmly, making Ayira giggle.

"So you were jealous?", Ayira says.

"What? No of course not. She just has a very unlikeable personality.", Malar states.

Ayira sighs, "Fine leave that. How do you feel when your close to him? Lik butterflies or you blush or something like that?"

Malar thinks back to the scene in Anirudh's bedroom and her cheeks become rosy.

"Ayy ippo edha pathi yosikira?", Ayira smirks.

"A-adhu o-onnum ille.", Malar stutters.

"First learn to accept these feelings. You maybe be scared that these feelings are new but don't be so stubborn di. Unnaku pudichirika, your parents love him and his parents love you. What is stopping you?", Ayira advises Malar.

Malar rubs her forehead, "Enakku theriyila, all I know is that I want time to figure it out."

"Appo maybe konja naal time kelu avan kitta. Take a break.", Ayira suggests.