Chapter 25

Wednesday morning, Radhika walks into the supermarket to buy weekly grocery items.

As she walks down the aisles, she picks up what she wants and drops it into the cart.

As she stands in line for billing, she overhears an argument, between the lady in front of her and the cashier.

"Adhu yepdi neenga price ah increase panalam, packet le yenna irundhichi andha velai ku dhana kudukanum", the lady argues with the cashier.

The cashier rolls his her eyes before rudely saying, "Vena vangu ma illana po"

Radhika glares at the cashier as she speaks up, "Do you want me to call the manager? How can you treat a customer like that? Just because we are polite, doesn't mean you can take advantage of us. Have some manners and apologise, before I take this matter further to the consumer court."

The cashier looks terrified as she apologises to the lady in front.

"Thanks ge", the lady smiles at Radhika.

"No problem, nan Radhika.", Radhika introduces herself.

"Nan Lakshmi", the woman smiles.

Intha kalathu pasanga lam yeppadi pesuranga", Radhika shakes her head in disappointment.

"Adhane, manners eh ille", Lakshmi says.

Radhika and Lakshmi walk out the store, and Radhika calls Malar.

"Hello? Malar, vandhu bags thuke help pannu.", Radhika says before cutting the call.

Lakshmi's head snaps to Radhika, "Malar ah?"

Radhika looks confused as she nods, "Ama, yen ponnu"

Lakshmi shakes her head smiling, "Ille yennekum oru Malar theriyum. Romba nalla ponnu."

At that moment, Malar walks in from the parking and she is shocked to see her mother and Anirudh's mother.

"Aunty neenga yeppadi-"?, Malar asks confused.

"Ubakku ivangala theriyuma?", Malar's mother asks her.

Malar nods, "Ama ivanga dhan Anirudh oda Amma."

Radhika looks surprised, "Oh"

"Ungaluku yen paiyana theriyuma?", Lakshmi asks Radhika excitedly.

"Oh ama, Malar dhan veetuku kutitu vandha.", Radhika says.

The ladies converse excitedly, while Malar stands with a bored expression.

"Amma yennaku time achu, na office poitu studio ponum", Malar says irritably.

Malar sighs walks away when she sees both the women barely notice her.

Malar walks into her office, to see Shwetha waiting for her in her cabin, while Pooja, Ramya, Ravi and Aarav stand next to her looking terrified.

"Good Morning ma'am", Malar greets her boss professionally.

"Malar, so I heard about Anirudh and Shruti. Romba kastama irukka unakku?", Shwetha smirks at her.

Malar sighs, "Yenakku yenna kastam ma'am, nan avaroda assistant mattum dhan."

"Oh apdiya? Patha apdi theriliye.", Shwetha asks raising her eyebrows.

"Appo unga kannu le dhan problem", Malar shrugs.

Ravi and Aarav snicker at this before hiding it with a cough.

Shwetha glares at Malar, "Don't be cheeky with me. Ivlo naal Anirudh un kooda irundhadhu nala dhan nee ivlo pane, illena nan unna yeppaiyo fire panirpen.Inimel orunga behave pannele, I'll immediately fire you."