Chapter 26

Anirudh pulls Malar to the back of the studio. He feels around in the wall, before finding the latch and pulling open a door that was merged into the wall.

Malar gasps in surprise, "What-"

Anirudh grins at her, "Secret back door, that leads down to the garage."

"There is a garage?", Malar asks.

"Yes, there is a car too. A getaway vehicle of sorts. In emergency cases like this or any other kind of threat, this is the exit we use. Only Arjun, Lina and I know about it and now you.", Anirudh informs Malar as they rush down the stair.

"Woah, this feels like a superhero hideout", Malar whispers in awe.

"Exactly like that", Anirudh smiles. He feels around on the wall, before flicking the light switch on.

Light fills the garage, and Malar sees a black Jeep parked in the middle. There is a refrigerator and a cupboard pushed to one side of the room.

"There is food and other supplies in the closet, but that isn't needed now", Anirudh says as the car clicks open.

They get onto the car and with a click of the button the wide door behind the car opens.

"What about Lina?", Malar asks.

"There is a side door, ava athu vazhiya veliya pova", Anirudh explains.

Malar nods and they sit in silence for a few minutes as Anirudh drives away from his studio.

"We are going to your house?", Malar asks as she notices the route.

Anirudh nods, "Ama"

Malar then calls her mother to tell her she won't come home for lunch.

"Amma? Hmm vandhitu irruken. Na Anirudh ode veetiku poren, lunch kaga", Malar informs her mom.

"What?", Malar yells suddenly making Anirudh stare at her in panic.

"Nee ange yenna ma panre?", Malar sighs.

"Hmm seri seri varen", Malar says before cutting the call.

"Yenge ama unga veetule dhan irrukanga", Malar tells Anirudh.

"What? So they are best friends now?", Anirudh asks confused.

Malar shrugs, "Yennaku yenna theriyum"

"Seri va poi pakalam" Anirudh says concentrating on driving.

Ayira and Arjun are curled up on Arjun's sofa. Arjun's head is on her lap as they watch some movie. Ayira brushes her hand through his hair absent mindedly, making Arjun sigh.

"Oii yenna yosikara?",Arjun asks looking up at her.

Ayira shakes her thoughts away before smiling, "Onnum illaiye"

Arjun narrows his eyes at her making her sigh.

"Adhu vandhu, namba relationship veliya therinjithu na enna panvom?", Ayira asks  pouting.

"Namba yenna panvom? Therinja nalladhu dhan. Anyways pathi people ku yerkanave theriyum that I'm in a relationship with someone nu. So endha periya difference um irukadhu",Arjun says.

"Hmm", Ayira nods.

"Ama nee yedhuku idhe kekura? Vititu odi poge lam vidematen", Arjun looks at her suspiciously.

Ayira smiles, "Unna vittu na yenga po poren?"

"Ille podhuva indha madri oru celebrity ah date panna, ponnunga vandhu avangaloda career affect agum ille fans othukamantanga apdi nu oru reason sollitu, vititu poiduvanga", Arjun says pouting.