𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓

The woman gently opened the tent and found the two boys laying on their cot but Neil was for some reason still awake.

" Neil ? Why are you still awake ?" The boy jump, startled since he didn't heard her come in. He turned to see his counselor looking at him confused.

" (Y/n)."

" Yes ?"

Neil blushed as he sits up, his hands playing with the blanket nervously as he felt his counselor staring at him.

" Can you..um.. C-Can you..tuck me in ?" Neil blushed, feeling embarrassed as he avoided her surprised expression.

He bring the blannet closer to his face as he try to hide himself. " I-It's just that y-you're so kind a-and so sweet !! You r-reminds me of my mom !! A-And I-I-"

" It's okay Neil, I understand." The woman warmly smiled and reached his bed side. " Space Kid wanted me to tuck him in too. Nerris, Dolph, Nikki and even Nurf missed his parents and wanted me to tuck hum in too."

" It's something normal to feel and you shouldn't be ashamed of it." She smiled as she saw Neil uncover his face.

" R-Really ? You don't think I'm baby or something like that ?" (Y/n) shook her head as she gently pushed him back on his bed.

" Neil, you're 10. Missing your parents is completely normal. You're away from them, with no news, for the whole summer, it's perfectly understandable to feel a bit empty inside." The counselor explained as she tucked him, running her hand through his brown hair in a comforting way.

Neil nodded as he lets her bring the blanket over his shoulders, he smiled as he observed her gentle face.

She reminded him so much of his own mother..
..when he still had a happy family..

" Thank you (Y/n).." Neil relaxed and grinned, slowly falling asleep as she ran her hand through his hair.

" You welcome sweety." The counselor smiled and cupped his face to gently peck him on the forehead in a warm motherly way.

(Y/n) hummed and turned away from Neil, glancing at the sleeping Max in his cot.

Max keeps fidgeting in his sleep, his face twisted in a frown as he keeps turning. (Y/n) walked over the tan boy and gently lend a hand in his hair.

She felt Max jump before he relaxed under her gentle touch, the boy turning again to lean into the warm hand that was now on his face.
(Y/n) smiled as she brushed her knuckles against his cheek and nose, sending the sleeping boy in a peaceful slumber.

The counselor gently tucked Max in before pecking his forehead too, the boy smiling when he felt the warmth on his face.

(Y/n) smiled and then silently tiptoed out of the tent, leaving the campers to their slumber as she walked towards the counselor cabin.
There she found David asleep against the table, looks like he was waiting for her.

(Y/n) shook her head before taking the nearest blanket to set it over his shoulders.

She yawned and didn't bother changing into her pjs, she just took off her boots and jacket and went under her sheets to cover herself.

*✿❀ - ❀✿*

" (Y/n) !!" Both Harrison and Neil yelled as they were forced in a get-along shirt. They were once again arguing so the counselor decided to make this shirt to keep them together until they stop.

" You'll both stay in that shirt until you apologize. Until then you're stuck together and if one of you try to get out of it, you'll both get punished !" Harrison and Neil glare at each other before turning away with huffs.