Chapter 2: A New World

The SIREN suddenly heard something. She realized that she could hear water falling.

She slowly opened her eyes to a bowl in front of her. She saw hands. They were wringing a towel.

She followed those hands with her eyes. She saw a person with very short hair in a dress that looked like a rag.

She slowly observed the person. She came to realize that it was a boy.

The boy stood up. He jumped a little as he realized that she was awake. "Oh, you're awake. I came to clean your wound." the boy said. 

The SIREN was placed on a wall. Her hands and feet were chained towards it. Her cape and armor had been removed. She was dressed in the same clothing as the boy, rags.

The SIREN only observed him. He came closer and made a tear in her rags and placed the towel on the side of her stomach.

The SIREN didn't even flinch. The boy was amazed by it. "Wau. You didn't even flinch. How?" the boy asked as he cleaned her wound.

The SIREN observed him and his actions. The boy removed the towel and placed a bandage on it.

"It will heal in a few days." he said as he looked at her. The SIREN looked him dead in the eye. The boy shivered as he looked away from her.

"Say, may I ask what your name is?" the boy asked as he looked at her. The SIREN stared at him. She tilted her head left and stared at him.

The boy was starting to become uncomfortable and a little scared. "My name is Pethro. And I'm one of the servants here. A few guards will escort you to our king. And your friend is alright."

The SIREN stared at him. It looked like she didn't understand him. Pethro nodded towards her and left. She was left alone in the room. She closed her eyes and tried to think of what happened and how to escape.

Some time passed and the door opened. The SIREN looked up and saw 4 men. Two entered and removed her shackles. "Don't try to escape." one of the soldiers said.

She followed the soldiers out of her cage. They walked down a long hallway. They turned a corner and walked up the stairs. They reached the top. The sun hit the SIREN face as she kept on walking.

They climbed a few stairs again. The SIREN saw a man sitting on his throne. She could easily tell as his chest was showing, but this God was different. He had the head of a jackal.

He was surrounded by a lot of women. The man never once took his eyes of the SIREN.

"You stand in the presence of Anubis. God of the afterlife, cemeteries and embalming as well as the protector of graves." one of the women said as she glared at her. But the SIREN didn't budge at all.

"So, explain. Why were you in my dessert?" Anubis asked. But the SIREN couldn't understand him. She looked around her.

"Who are you searching for? Your friend maybe?" Anubis asked. But still, she didn't look at him. She stopped searching when she finally found what or who she was looking for.

She walked towards him. One of the girls was about to say something when Anubis stopped her. The SIREN walked towards the boy.

"Hii." the boy said as he slightly waved at her. She held his face and stared deep into his eyes. The boy was confused.