Chapter 4: The Aftermath

The person turned around. It was Tiye. She was sitting on the stairs as her feet were in the water. Akila sat down beside her and did the same.

The two sat in silence as they stared out into the open sea.

"I have sinned."

A few hours ago...

Tiye led Ahmed into her bedroom. "Sit" she said as she walked towards the window. She opened it, letting the moon's light shine into her room.

"You said that you were jealous of my strength. In truth. You should be scared."

"I have been a slave ever since I was born."

"My mother's village was raided in one single night. And burned before her eyes."

"The women and children were taken hostage while the men were killed."

"My mother was raped every single night. When they found out that she was pregnant, they left her alone. But she knew that after she gave birth to me, the torture would continue."

"So, she patiently waited and in those 9 months came up with a plan."

"I still remember what the older women would say..."

"Ak lu on iem ka no keng ga wa, do go ga iem, ga wem no bu tom."

"And what does that mean?" Ahmed asked.

"(Even though she suffered every single night, the moment she looked at you, was the first moment she had ever smiled.)"

"But... just after I was born... she killed herself. And Akila took me in and raised me."

"She was the big sister that I never had and her master, was the father figure I could hope for."

"Just the three of us. And even though we lived in hell, the three of us made it worth it."

"And then, one faithful day, our lives changed."

"Our planet was hit by a star. It produced a toxin that killed the men and made the women stronger."

Tiye looked at Ahmed and walked closer to him. She kneeled down in front of him and stared of him. "You shouldn't be jealous of my strength. Instead, you should fear it. As my strength can shatter earths and move mountains... It can eve kill the innocent and the weak... Tell me, are you still jealous of my strength?"

Tiye stared into Ahmed's wavering eyes. He gently placed his hands on her cheek. "No. I am amazed by it now."

Tiye frowned. She saw that he was staring at her lips. He slowly came closer, but Tiye stopped him. "What you are trying to do, is a taboo."

Ahmed stopped and stared at her. He caressed her cheek and stared at her with loving eyes. "You have the most beautiful eyes that I have ever seen."

He leaned closer while closing his eyes. Tiye closed her eyes as she felt Ahmed's lips on hers. Their very first kiss.

It started to get heated as Ahmed kiss turned a little aggressive. He slowly got down to her level and deepened the kiss. He slowly placed his hand around her waist.

They both ended the kiss to catch their breathes. Ahmed gently placed his fingers on her chin to make her look at him. "I want to have you all to myself."

"Ahmed wa-" Ahmed slipped his tongue into her mouth. While kissing her, he picked her up and gently placed her on the bed, catching her by surprise.

He broke the kiss and removed his leather tunic, revealing his chest. "Get ready, cause tonight is going to change your life." he said as he kissed her again.