Chapter 3: The Taboo

Anubis ran towards the balcony. The beast flew up. He saw Tiye and Akila on top of it.

He grunted. "GET YOUR SPEARS IN THE AIR! BRING IT DOWN!"

The soldiers did as Anubis commanded and got to their spears. Tiye and Akila were on the beast's back. They looked at each other before nodding. Akila crawled towards her sword while Tiye hit the beast with her strength.

The beast roared in pain. Akila was about to grab her sword when the beast started diving. It dived down deep and then rose to the sky. Tiye and Akila grabbed its fur very tightly so that they wouldn't fly away.

"I've had enough of this." Akila said. She crawled towards her sword. She grabbed it and pulled it out, making the beast roar in pain. She placed the sword in her mouth and crawled towards the beast's head while Tiye was hitting the beast over and over.

Akila reached the beast's head. She and the beast had a staring contest. She took her sword and aimed it at the center of the beast's head. She was about to stab it when her hand was hit by an arrow, causing her sword to fall.

She groaned and looked down to see the guards firing at them. Her sword fell down and Anubis picked it up. "SIREN! TE AN!? (SIREN! ARE YOU ALRIGHT!?)" she nodded. Tiye hit the beast at its back, causing something to crack.

The beast let out a terrifying roar, making everyone cover their ears, except for Akila and Tiye as they were immune to it. Anubis became mad at that horrifying scream. He took one of the spears and aimed it at the beast.

He threw it as Akila caught it without even looking, catching Anubis by surprise. "Who are these women?"

Akila aimed the spears. She looked at Tiye while Tiye was looking at her. Both nodded and attacked the beast, simultaneously. Akila stabbed it while Tiye hit in with her hands. The beast let out a more terrifying scream.

It hit a wall causing both women to fall. It flew after them. But before it could catch them, it was hit by spears and arrows, causing it to fly away. The women fell into the water.

They swam upwards and got out of the water, for the soldiers of Anubis to aim their weapons at them.

"You have seen the monster. It's powers. This is what we battle every day of our lives. Are you ready to die while fighting this beast? Cause we are trained that way." Tiye said as she looked at all of them.

Anubis came forward and looked at them. He walked towards Akila and stared at her. "Are you ready to fight or are you ready to run?" Akila asked as she looked at him, dead in the eye.

"Come with me." Anubis said as he grabbed her hand. "You, bring Tiye to her chambers. You, place this with the others. The rest of you will meet me in the Grand Pavilion in an hour."

The same soldier, who didn't tell them everything, was instructed to lead Tiye to her chambers. While the others did as they were told.

Anubis walked with Akila towards his chambers. The whole time, both of them were quiet. Not saying a word. Akila was only looking at Anubis watching his every move.

They entered his chambers and Anubis closed his door. He leaned his head on the door and sighed.

His windows were closed but the room wasn't that dark as the moon shined through the cracks of the window.

"Te am nu ki o ti ne wen. (How long do you expect to hold my hand.)" Akila said. Anubis turned to look at her. "What did you say?" he asked as he was curious.

"I asked you how long you expect to hold my hand." Anubis looked down to see that he actually was holding her hand.

"Oh. I'm sorry. It's just..." he said as he looked at her hand and saw that it was bleeding. "Doesn't it hurt?" he asked as he looked at her. "I'm a warrior that is immune to pain. It's how I was trained." Akila said as she looked at her hand.