Chapter 7: Betrayal

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

Will placed that charts down on a crate and pointed at a certain area.

"There's a fresh water spring on this island. We can resupply there and get back to shooting each other later." He suggested.

Jack looked to Barbossa. "You lead the shore party. I'll stay with my ship."

Barbossa glared at him. "I'll not be leaving my ship in your command."

"Why don't you both go to shore and leave the ship in my command." Will proposed.

Jack and Barbossa stared at him.

"...Temporarily."

...

Barbossa pulled out his telescope and opened it, looking at the island in the distance. Behind him, several clicks were heard before Jack raised up an extremely long telescope beside him. Barbossa lowered his spyglass and looked at Jack in disbelief.

...

Most of the crew had taken the long boats to shore. Jack held out his hand to help (Y/n) out of the boat, and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"You know, once we get the supplies we need, I imagine that the Captain's Cabin back on the Pearl will be vacant." He not so subtly hinted.

(Y/n) couldn't help but smile. "Sounds good to me, Captain." She muttered in his ear.

(Y/n) smugly stepped out of Jack's arm, and started walking further along the island, leaving Jack staring after her, feeling...unsatisfied.

As they walked further along the beach, they noticed something huge lying on the sand that had washed ashore. Jack cautiously approached it, his hand gripping (Y/n)'s.

Pintel and Ragetti paused in their tracks and their mouths fell open.

"Criminy..."

"Odds bodkins!"

The Kraken was lying on the shore very much dead. Birds and flies surrounded its corpse, as Pintel and Ragetti poked it with a stick to make sure it was completely dead.

Once they were sure, they started aiming up with ideas on how to make money off of the Kraken, and how they 'killed' it.

Jack approached the beast, and looked into its unblinking eye, lost in thought. (Y/n) rubbed her hand along his shoulder for comfort. He didn't take his eyes of the Kraken, but he did slip an arm around her waist.

"Still thinking of running, Jack? Think you can outrun the world?" Barbossa asked. "You know, the problem with being the last of anything, by and by, there be none left at all."

"Sometimes things come back mate. We're living proof, you and me." Jack pointed out.

"Aye, but that's a gamble of long odds, ain't it? There's never a guarantee of coming back. But passing on, that's dead certain." Barbossa reminded him.

Jack nodded quietly. "Summoning the Brethren Court, then, is it?"

Barbossa shrugged. "It's our only hope lad."