Chapter 11: Pirate King

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

The man who was speaking, was suddenly shot in the chest, and fell backwards onto the ground. Everyone turned and looked at a man who was standing in the doorway of another ship.

He brought his pistol up to his mouth and blew the smoke away. "The Code is the law."

Everyone slowly and silently sat down in their chairs, intimidated by his presence. Captain Teague walked down to the table and stood behind Jack.

"You're in my way, boy."

Jack slowly stepped aside, allowing (Y/n) to get a good look at Captain Teague. He was a tall man with black dreadlocks, and beard, similar to Jack, and several scars on his face.

She now realized why Jack was so nervous. And why he looked so scared. Captain Teague was his father.

Teague gestured for two men to carry the Code onto the table. He then turned and whistled for something and the dog from the jail came running forward holding a key.

Pintel and Ragetti pointed at the dog in disbelief.

"What the...?"

"How did...?"

Teague shrugged. "Sea turtles, mate."

He grabbed the key and unlocked the giant book. He opened it and skimmed the page until he found the right section.

"Ah. Barbossa is right." He announced.

Barbossa nodded at him in thanks.

"Hang on a minute." Jack bent over the book and looked at it. "'It shall be the duties, as the King, to declare war, parley with shared adversaries...' Fancy that."

"There has not been a King since the First Court. And that's not likely to change." One lord pointed out.

"Not likely." Teague grumbled in agreement.

"Why not?" Elizabeth asked.

Gibbs leaned towards her. "See, the Pirate King is elected by popular vote."

"And each pirate only ever votes for hisself." Barbossa finished.

"I call for a vote." Jack declared.

Barbossa huffed and rolled his eyes and Captain Teague walked off, sat down, and started playing guitar, as everyone casted their vote.

"I vote for Ammand the Corsair."

"Capitaine Chevalle, the Penniless Frenchman."

"Sri Sumbhajee votes for Sri Sumbhajee."

"Mistress Ching."

"Gentlemen Jocard."

"Elizabeth Swann."

"Barbossa."

"Vallenueva!"

"Elizabeth Swann." Jack voted.

Elizabeth looked shocked. "What?"

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara